Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista vs V700 scanner

Vista vs V700 scanner

I was told not to get a Epson V700 scanner if your computer uses "Vista " have any of you heard anything about this? I was looking ot get a V700 scanner real soon.If my computer does use Visat (which I think it does) then what. I can't afford a new computer I just got the one I have.

Re: Vista vs V700 scanner

Epson's web site lists Vista as a compatible operating system.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows

The real question is Vista compatible with anything. HA!

Sorry for your troubles.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Have not heard that, but not surprising. You really shouldn't try to run any other software with Vista. It uses all the RAM in your computer just to support the OS. Vista computers should be reserved for checking eMail and buying items on line. The good thing about using Vista to buy on-line merchandise, is that by the time you get to the checkout screen and offer up a credit card number, you'll already be entering the "buyers remorse" stage of the purchase and cancel the order. Vista is a good way to save money on the internet.

"Soon to be replaced (two years) by Windows 7, which will be even more touchy-feely"

My wife's computer has Vista. I put CS2 on it. It works fine with that program and every other program she uses. I wouldn't worry about using a V700 with VISTA.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

I have one of the older Epson scanners, that I used to run on a PC with Millenium OS, was pretty flaky, and ended up giving up, and I just used the scanner on a MAC.
    I recently got a new PC, running Vista, and although I have heard many bad things about it (Vista), I downloaded the update for my scanner from the Epson website and now it works very well. Better than on the MAC now!
    I would make sure that Epson properly supports the scanner on Vista, before making the purchase.
    Keith

Kind of veeeeeeery late answer, but I do use the V700 on Vista without the slightest problem.

SF Bay Area 94303

Nothing wrong with Vista that a very fast Dual Core2 processor and 4 Gigs of memory won't cure. K

I've used my V750 on my slow XP system and on my QuadCore Vista system and both work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Fry View Post
    Nothing wrong with Vista that a very fast Dual Core2 processor and 4 Gigs of memory won't cure. K

Nothing wrong with vista that kicking the damned thing into next week and buying a mac won't cure.
    -Chris

If you're using the scanner for other work, such as copying etc. the copy utility (software) prepacked with the V700 isn't compatible with Vista. But you can download an update which is compatible.
    The tricky thing about this in my case was that the Vista compatible update wasn't listed in the V700/750 section, but in the V300 section. Anyhow, with the aid of the support people at Epson who sent me a direct link to the software, I got that part working too. (All of this happended more than a year ago, but these small "details" are sometimes never corrected at the websites.)

//Björn