Thread: hello from Slovenia

Smile hello from Slovenia

hi, all!
    i'm thinking about getting some large format gear (using mf roll film on it) so i think this is the best place to get first hand info, before i make jump to lf.
    i have some dslr, 35mm and mf gear (sold now), so large format is logical step up, i guess. anyway, i have chance to get cambo wide with 35 lense (yes, 35mm), 6x9, 6x7 casette etc and also scanmate 5000 drum scanner. this i will sometimes use (when i have time for tripod etc) for architecture, landscape etc. smaller cameras will still be with me for casual shooting.. so, that will be major topic (cambo and scanmate) in my next few questions on this forum, and i hope rest follow to, if i decide to step in lf world. have so save some money, too
    oh yes, im not very good photographer, but i'm detail/sharpness "junky" and like to shoot film and getting that great colors and light from it.

Re: hello from Slovenia

i see i'm not only slovene here, hi marko..
    any chance that add on bolha (cambo and gear) is yours, hehe?

I was fortunate enough to see a bit of Slovenia awhile back. It and Croatia are wonderful places for LF photography. You live in a very beautiful country.

Best wishes and good luck.

Ernest Purdum

Welcome from California!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Welcome from Italy

Stefano
    Analog is Rock!!!! Digital is slow
    My site

izo,
    Do you ever get the chance to photograph the ancient wooden churches in Slovenia? What beautiful structures!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

first of all, thanks to everybody for great welcome.
    john, where exactly in slovenia (prekmurje area maybe)? lot of churches here. as you mentioned churches, yes i do intent to photograph some church (interior and exterior) for some project, which i hope i'll find the time for (book, it will combined history, architectural theory and photography) and i hope some bigger project will follow, in which i'll catalogue all sacral architecture (with photo and architectural data)in the area, where i grow up. but that would be overkill for one man band, i think.
    we'll see..

Hello from France and welcome to the club !
    Now that Slovenia is within the Euro zone, this makes things simpler for mail ordering large format equipment and consumables !
    When we get non-French Euro coins as change, I like to give them to my children, the game for them is to try and recognize their origin. So far we usually get coins from our neighbours (the Benelux, Germany, Spain, Italy and Portugal) but we do have at home a precious Greek euro with Athenas's owl !
    So I hope that some day I'll get some Slovenian coins for my children !

All the best !

best thing to do is to visit my country , it's not that far..
    but for start this will do
    http://www.evro.si/en/slo-and-euro/slovene-euro-coins/
    i can send/exchange some coins if needed..