Page 330 of 424 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 4233

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

Finally i can post on this thread!
    Arrived today. A Wista 45 DX Cherry wood like new in box with a kodak ektar f7.7 on prontor shutter and 2 holders.
    The only "downside" is that the prontor shutter doesn't have an open shutter function so i have to lock it on B to focus etc. not even a T function. i don't really mind. i've been through toughest times. haha

Anyway a quick picture and im off to the fields to try it out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0029.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	163145

good to be one of you guys

Quote Originally Posted by bizarrius View Post
    Finally i can post on this thread!
    Arrived today. A Wista 45 DX Cherry wood like new in box with a kodak ektar f7.7 on prontor shutter and 2 holders.
    The only "downside" is that the prontor shutter doesn't have an open shutter function so i have to lock it on B to focus etc. not even a T function. i don't really mind. i've been through toughest times. haha

Anyway a quick picture and im off to the fields to try it out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0029.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	163145

good to be one of you guys
    You need to look for a Compur #0 shutter but you'd have to make a new scale, I have the same lens in the Protor SVS which I used in Cyrrus 15 months aga . I also now have a very late US version in a Graphic Compur #1 and it is far quicker to use, they are very sharp lenses and so small and light.

You'll enjoy the Wista I've had mine for 30 years and they are great cameras to use.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    You need to look for a Compur #0 shutter but you'd have to make a new scale, I have the same lens in the Protor SVS which I used in Cyrrus 15 months aga . I also now have a very late US version in a Graphic Compur #1 and it is far quicker to use, they are very sharp lenses and so small and light.

You'll enjoy the Wista I've had mine for 30 years and they are great cameras to use.

Ian
    thank you very much but i don't think i wanna change anything on the lens. i'd rather spend money on a wider lens and some more sheet film . i am really excited to have started this journey. its like learning photography all over

Quote Originally Posted by bizarrius View Post
    i am really excited to have started this journey. its like learning photography all over
    There is a lot to enjoy about it !

I've also recently engaged LF, all I can say is that LF transforms how one thinks about photography.

Here you have Mr Adams, some 40 years after, remembering how he shot the Moonrise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pe9gsbSqLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQT_rzI1Xdw&t=10s

At the just opened Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve in NW Harris County Texas today. The Toyo 810M got a workout, and was a curiosity for several people walking by. With Fujinon 360mm lens.

David, I can see why it would be curious. What a beauty!

Sinar 8x10 Camera

This is the 8x10 camera that I've decided to keep. It combines a Sinar P rear standard with a Sinar Norma clamp and front standard.

What I like about this camera is that the rear 8x10 Sinar P standard bearer was designed for copy work. It has no movements other than focus. At less than 12 lbs, this camera is lighter weight and not nearly as large or cumbersome as, say a standard Sinar P 8x10. Whatever configuration I might need involving rear movements can be duplicated using front movements alone. There's an ease of setup, efficiency, and elegance to this that I like.

The camera is limited to 24" extension, which also makes it more compact. This enables me to fit the camera onto a standard 6" Sinar rail for relatively easy backpacking. On the rare occasions where I might need a longer draw, I have a Norma accessory standard and an extra bellows that I can use. When needed (3rd photo), I can add two 6" extensions to the Norma risers that gives the camera virtually unlimited rise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overall.jpg   Compressed.jpg   FrontRise.jpg  
    Last edited by neil poulsen; 15-Oct-2017 at 08:20.

Wow, never seen a rear standard like that. I think I have all the parts for an 8x10 P, but I've never put it all together to use it! L

Here is my 8x10 Norma. Shown with Norma Shutter, Norma Pan/Tilt Head, Norma Bag Bellows, and front-mounted Norma 165mm Schneider Super Angulon and Foba C40 Norma Tripod.

DSC05763 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Re: Sinar 8x10 Camera

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    This is the 8x10 camera that I've decided to keep. It combines a Sinar P rear standard with a Sinar Norma clamp and front standard.
    Neil, do you have a photo of the groundglass.

I really REALLY want to shoot 10x8 polaroid. But I have been told it's probably more cost effective to invest in an entire new system than purchase the tools necessary to adapt my set up (I have a Sinar F1 4x5)
    Everything should be tried once, except incest and folk dancing.