Page 214 of 424 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 4233

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

That's the nefarious 2x3 Speeder. Medium format! Reviled here in LF land.

One of my favorite cameras.

Instructions are online.

Plenty of film at Freestyle.
    Tin Can

Show off your Large Format camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post

Instructions are online.

Thanks, I'll look on freestyle, yea just one holder. I wonder if the film fits in the 2509n holder on the smallest setting?

I'll have to snag a holder or two off eBay.

Unless someone else has a few holders they are willing to part with.

As bill said and I've discovered, it does NOT take roll film backs.

I'm excited about this, a family heirloom that I can actually use! So yes, NOW mine! Sorry for the auto correct failure there...

And I don't care if it's sheet film it's large format enough to belong here...

Since your new to you camera may be an unmolested one, you will have the fun of using the rangefinder, the sports finder, the GG and the peep finder. 4 ways to shoot. Add a Focuspot, which is easy to do and shoot with the rangefinder in the dark using the Focuspot for very accurate focus. Buy a Focuspot for $20 or less.

You can use a flash bulb handle or hook up a modern speedlight. With the focus plane shutter you can shoot barrel lenses.

Film holders are cheap and plentiful.

Since it uses sheet film, I consider it LF.
    Tin Can

Since your new to you camera may be an unmolested one, you will have the fun of using the rangefinder, the sports finder, the GG and the peep finder. 4 ways to shoot. Add a Focuspot, which is easy to do and shoot with the rangefinder in the dark using the Focuspot for very accurate focus. Buy a Focuspot for $20 or less.

You can use a flash bulb handle or hook up a modern speedlight. With the focus plane shutter you can shoot barrel lenses.

Film holders are cheap and plentiful.

Since it uses sheet film, I consider it LF.
    Thanks! Barrel lens on a 2x3 might be long for the bellows, but we shall see.

I have to figure out what the speed of "A" "B" "C" and "D" focal plane shutter are and how it all works, it's probably a bit slow. I wish it had been a 4x5 speed, but hey it's still neat and film exists, I didn't know FOMA made 100 and 400 speed 2x3 film.

Also you would think since it's so small, they would have Delta100 and not FP4+ but glad they have HP5+ as that's probably what I'll get.

Thanks ok who wants to show off their camera next?

Instructions are online.

Revile it all you want! I have two of them, they are great little cameras. I have three grafmatic film holders and a few roll film holders. One of them has a Graflok back. They work well, right along side my Graflex Model B SLR's.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Thanks! Barrel lens on a 2x3 might be long for the bellows, but we shall see.

I have to figure out what the speed of "A" "B" "C" and "D" focal plane shutter are and how it all works, it's probably a bit slow. I wish it had been a 4x5 speed, but hey it's still neat and film exists, I didn't know FOMA made 100 and 400 speed 2x3 film.

Also you would think since it's so small, they would have Delta100 and not FP4+ but glad they have HP5+ as that's probably what I'll get.

Thanks ok who wants to show off their camera next?
    Stone, I just looked at the photo of your camera. If you look between the rails on the cover you will see a chart riveted between the rails. It shows the speeds at the different tensions and shutter slits. Be sure to keep the tension at 1 and the curtain in the open position when not using it so that you don't put added tension on the springs.
    Now if only I could find a replacement shutter curtain for my 4x5 Auto-Graflex…

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

Deardorff with 450 Nikon on it at Shiprock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8457.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	121911

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cienfuegos View Post
    Revile it all you want! I have two of them, they are great little cameras. I have three grafmatic film holders and a few roll film holders. One of them has a Graflok back. They work well, right along side my Graflex Model B SLR's.

m
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cienfuegos View Post
    Stone, I just looked at the photo of your camera. If you look between the rails on the cover you will see a chart riveted between the rails. It shows the speeds at the different tensions and shutter slits. Be sure to keep the tension at 1 and the curtain in the open position when not using it so that you don't put added tension on the springs.
    Now if only I could find a replacement shutter curtain for my 4x5 Auto-Graflex…

m
    Thanks!

Wait there are grafmatics for this tiny thing??

Hmm maybe that's better than film holders!

Thanks for the tip about the speeds and springs, I assumed as much about the springs and keeping them un-would when not in use.

I started a thread about this, if you want to add more info please post there to not clog up this thread, also I added a picture of the back. Just look under my created posts.

Is there a "show of your darkroom or darkroom equipment" thread? I'm really excited about my latest acquisition.

Earth, California, US, SoCal, damn suburbs

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Is there a "show of your darkroom or darkroom equipment" thread? I'm really excited about my latest acquisition.
    Apug had one thread one time like 15 years ago. I was so jealous of everyone's darkroom. Mine was so jerry rigged compared to some peoples. But it worked!