Page 101 of 424 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4233

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Foamer

Re: Show off your camera!

Shen Hao 4x5, with Derogy 5.5" f3.5. Also have three modern lenses in Copal. I am a field camera kind of guy.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by Halide View Post
    My camera is Linhof Master Technika - the tripod extension under the camera is my Land Rover Defender - the journey to remote locations in the eastern Sierra Nevada, White mountains and Inyo mountains, is half the fun of capturing my images. - my truck is sort of an extension (or accessory) of the camera!

Len
    Very Nice!

Old camera, but a new lens: 610mm APO Nikkor. It cost only $200.

I had SK Grimes mount it onto a Sinar Board with a spacer ring to allow movement of the Sinar Shutter.

It's sharp. Oh yeah.

Special Thanks to Armin Seeholzer who guided me with this.

Last edited by Ken Lee; 20-May-2018 at 05:03.

Why didn't you simply mount the shutter on the middle standard?

It never occurred to me. The closer the shutter to the film, the greater the chance of vignetting, no ?

The shutter is smaller than the film - especially with 5x7 film. If we move the shutter all the way to the rear, then we'd see a circular image... no ?

Confidently Agnostic!

That's a really interesting one... it has a prototype look to it with that diamond plate stuff lining the slot (for holders?). Amazing what people tried coming up with before the invention of roll film (or even graflex bag magazines / grafmatics). This must have been around the time that falling plate cameras already existed though, no?

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    cameras coming all the time, it seems...

I just got a huge old danish multi camera, called Norka.

on a half plate film it is possible to take up to 20(I think) exposures - all "automatic" - but also all manual.

the inventer was a genious! and made several different LF cameras.

up till WWII they exported many of these to USA, but I have never heard about any that have one now.. or even know about it...

on the back. you can see the mechanical contraption that enables you to take the many images...

My camera is unfortunately lacking the stand... But there's one for sale - it is an impressive sight!! (look at the last pictures)
    Walter Ash
    Vancouver / Victoria BC
    http://ashphotography.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    It never occurred to me. The closer the shutter to the film, the greater the chance of vignetting, no ?

The shutter is smaller than the film - especially with 5x7 film. If we move the shutter all the way to the rear, then we'd see a circular image... no ?
    You probably need both sets of bellows extended for that long a lens but they way I used to do it with more moderate (or sane...) focal lengths was to simply put the shutter on the intermediate standard directly behind the lens, not too far away. That way I could mount whatever lens I wanted on a simple flat board. An iris clamp on a flat board would have been the ultimate of course ;-)

Now it looks like you need a second rail clamp and one of those aluminum plates to tie it all together into a key slotted Sinar pan-tilt head on top of a #5 Gitzo or heavy duty Majestic or something massive.... Only another $800-$900 to use your $200 lens haha!

"Now it looks like you need a second rail clamp and one of those aluminum plates to tie it all together into a key slotted Sinar pan-tilt head on top of a #5 Gitzo or heavy duty Majestic or something massive.... Only another $800-$900 to use your $200 lens haha!"

You're scaring me

I thought I was being smart - kind of a poor-man's 600mm Fujinon C.

It seems pretty stable already with my humble Bogen tripod and Manfrotto head. I'm not going out shooting in heavy wind of course.

Last edited by Ken Lee; 20-May-2018 at 05:06.

While we're on the subject, here's a poor-man's 360mm Fujinon A. The lens was very cheap, and SK Grimes mounted it on a Sinar board for me. Deadly sharp at all distances, very affordable, 10-bladed aperture, fine blur rendition.

Last edited by Ken Lee; 20-May-2018 at 05:05.

Hi Ken

The poor man's 610 looks quite good to me, and I know its a very good performer!
    Sk Grimes did it better then I, but mine works also but does not look so sexy;--)))

Cheers Armin