Page 114 of 424 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 4233

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Camera Antipodea Richard Mahoney's Avatar

Re: Show off your camera!

Strong, crude and functional. Completely lacking in refinement. Very fond of it.

Best, Richard
    Richard Mahoney
    M: +64-21-064-0216 T: +64-3-312-1699 E: contact@indica-et-buddhica.com

@Struan - So you put the Sinar shutter on the intermediate standard in between the two bellows? Still, it looks like some engineering work went into the lens mounting.

Hard to beat Sinar Norma for that, especially with a large, heavy lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    @Struan - So you put the Sinar shutter on the intermediate standard in between the two bellows?
    Yes. Reversed and snugged up to the rear of the lens to minimise vignetting. It ends up a bit tilted on a Norma intermediate standard, but I'm too mean to buy anything else.

Still, it looks like some engineering work went into the lens mounting.
    It was mounted when I got it. The flange just squeaks inside the lensboard clips. The cheese head bolts were there for some other purpose, but removing them still won't let me use the lens directly in front of the shutter (it hangs out the back of the board too much) and the bolts plug the holes as well as anything else.

Hard to beat Sinar Norma for that, especially with a large, heavy lens.
    It's an arrangement I've used with a variety of shutterless heavy lenses. The weakest point is the tilt lock - it tends to droop if I'm daft enough to walk around with the rig over one shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray View Post
    Yes. Reversed and snugged up to the rear of the lens to minimise vignetting. It ends up a bit tilted on a Norma intermediate standard, but I'm too mean to buy anything else.
    Struan,

Since that Verito is mounted at the back of the rear cell, do you not have room to mount the Sinar shutter directly behind the front standard?

I use this same setup with the intermediate standard on the Norma for barrel lenses which extend behind the lensboard. However, my Sinar shutter interferes with the tilt angle indicator on the Norma intermediate standard and won't seat. I have an F standard which works fine. But I'm going to replace the tilt indicator with a thick washer so I can stick to Norma bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    Since that Verito is mounted at the back of the rear cell, do you not have room to mount the Sinar shutter directly behind the front standard?
    It's actually a 14.5" Verito, if that makes a difference to those who know their Wollensaks. It projects a 1/4" or so behind the lensboard, which is enough to press on the front plate of the shutter if you try to mount the shutter unit in the normal place (on the back of the front standard). A smaller diameter lens fits inside the circular hole in the shutter, which gives you an extra bit of room before you meet the shutter blades, which are at the rear of the shutter unit in this orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    I use this same setup with the intermediate standard on the Norma for barrel lenses which extend behind the lensboard. However, my Sinar shutter interferes with the tilt angle indicator on the Norma intermediate standard and won't seat. I have an F standard which works fine. But I'm going to replace the tilt indicator with a thick washer so I can stick to Norma bits.
    Interesting. My intermediate standard has the projecting disc indicator for the tilt angle, but the shutter does not interfere with it. To be clear: mine is a Norma era shutter without the aperture control 'filler gauge' on the side; and I mount it reversed on the front of the intermediate standard.

I'm on a tinkering kick at the moment, and the nice thing about the Sinar system is the ease with which you can play about with oddball configurations.

I'm using the Verito because there is loads of space in the middle - I'm mucking about with putting filters and oddly-shaped aperture stops in there. The Verito iris works pretty well as an adjustable clamp to hold mounted filters. I have also used my shutter as a simple spacer to jury rig a point and shoot for wide angles, although I'm wishing that one of the eBay manufacturers would make an adjustable Sinar-compatible spacer: essentially two lensboards back to back with a scissor strut and a short bellows between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray View Post
    ...mine is a Norma era shutter without the aperture control 'filler gauge' on the side...
    That would be the difference. Thanks.

My 4x5 Homemade camera,lens Fujinon 75/8.

joseph

Great looking camera, it looks really well made and extremely purposeful-

Thanks

Here's my latest acquisition. It a Graflex 3x4 RB Super D. It's in pretty nice shape, did need a little cleaning and lubing. The shutter and aperture were both sluggish but I have them working nicely now. Next project is to cut some film down and try the camera out.

Roger