Thread: Boyer Lens Info

Boyer Lens Info

Does anyone have information (technical or historical) on Boyer lenses. And spe cifically about the Boyer Beryl 210mm/6.8.

Thanks.

Boyer Lens Info

Hi Robert,

The Boyer Beryl 6.8 Lens is consider as a wide angle lens with is 85? of covered angle. it is made of two cells which are made of two stick lens. the 210 cover 8*10 but wihtout a lot of movement.

Boyer also made lens called Perle: open 9 cover 115?, saphir which have the same concept as tessar.

for the historical part I got to make some research, I know more Berthiot, roussel and hermagis which are others old french lens maker.

Boyer Lens Info

I use a Beryl 180 as my main lens on my 5*4, it's a superb small lens with great coverage( 10x8 just I think). The elements are glued together with gelatin, this had seperated on mine and the lens looked internally scratched (!), I got it very cheap as a result. Taking he back element apart, I cleaned the gelatin off with warm water, put the lot back together again and it works a treat. I speculated that the gelatin layer may be an optical element, this does not seem to be the case. Charlie