Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Exposure Record

Re: Exposure Record

Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    Yes I can send you mine. It's a spread sheet that you print on A4 to get two A5 pages at a time. I guillotine these up and use a spiral binder to make up each book. You then have a choice of leaving the pages in the book, or tearing them out when filled in and keep them with the respective film holder so you can refer to it in the darkroom. These can then go with each negative for future reference. I leave them in the book.

If you send me your email address I'll send it over as an attachment.

RR
    can you sent the template to my email? bennydannyphoto [a] gmail.com

Thanks!

If you want something a little more professional, look up Zone System Data on eBay. You'll find a virtually identical remake of the AA exposure record.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Another additional option...

Is the "ANALOGBOOK Large Format Notebook" @ B&H Photo.

If you use a smart phone I like the "Holders" app available free in the AppStore. You create numbered film holders, specify films you use, and load them in the App. When ready to expose you record Aperture, Shutter, expected development (N, N+1 etc), add notes (even voice notes if you upgrade to the paid version) and it records GPS data of where photo was taken. When done you can print a PDF document with all the info. Not exactly how Ansel did it, but maybe he would have if he had an iphone.....

multiplex

galaxy makes them

Most well stocked office supply stores have small notebooks. I found some I like at Office Depot. Out in the field I write in whatever notes I need.

When I develop the film, I add notes about that as well as the file numbers.

Over time when I look back over the notes, I will see what I might have missed then design my own forms and pad them.

After reviewing what folks here and Saint Ansel created, I know what I don't like: a large portion of the layout using things such as all possible apertures or shutter speeds. Yes, it makes field notes easier because you can check off or circle a number but, to me, if you are going to do that then why not simply have a blank area where you can write in the number? That would save a LOT of space.

I downloaded the app...pretty brilliant for free. However, this, as with all methods, how do I keep track of each negative? I can number my holder, but when I develop the negative, there is no way of identifying that particular negative to that particular entry. So if I shoot the same scene and bracket an extra two shots, how would I know which is which?

Quote Originally Posted by Sven1965 View Post
    If you use a smart phone I like the "Holders" app available free in the AppStore. You create numbered film holders, specify films you use, and load them in the App. When ready to expose you record Aperture, Shutter, expected development (N, N+1 etc), add notes (even voice notes if you upgrade to the paid version) and it records GPS data of where photo was taken. When done you can print a PDF document with all the info. Not exactly how Ansel did it, but maybe he would have if he had an iphone.....

Here's what I use, which I just posted as a DIY:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...xposure-Record

David Schaller

Quote Originally Posted by fralexis View Post
    I downloaded the app...pretty brilliant for free. However, this, as with all methods, how do I keep track of each negative? I can number my holder, but when I develop the negative, there is no way of identifying that particular negative to that particular entry. So if I shoot the same scene and bracket an extra two shots, how would I know which is which?
    You can write it on the sleeve where you store the negative. I do it on the Printfile page for the whole batch I develop.