Thread: Night Life

Night Life

I was not sure in which thread this image should go, where it fits most. Then I thought what the hell, it's about night life, and I started looking for one with these. There was none.

So I'd like to start one showing various aspects of nightlife (more likely social, but nature has it's own, sometimes even more interesting)...

And here's the one from me: Xenar 135mm, Fuji Velvia 4×5" exposed for couple seconds, some swings employed to alter the plane of focus

Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Re: Night Life

Jiri,

What a delightful photograph---i love it. It really does a number on the imagination! It has the look of something familiar yet hints of a story that tempts my curiousity.

Overtly I see a three bored barristras behind the counter at a cafe on the night-shift, then my eye picks up on so much more detail packed into the image which eludes to a greater, deeper and more complex story. Cool! Thanks for sharing
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Thanks John.

I know the focus is not as perfect as I would have liked, but like in most bars in the evening, the light was rather poor. Also I could not redo the photo because we had some pretty rough time afterwards - with some of the staff - even though we have specifically asked permission to photograph prior to setting the equipment up... Now it's more then 6months and I have yet to gain the courage to photograph in such bars again. (fortunately nothing happened to my equipment then).
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Jiri, find an interesting bar/people and go there night after night, build trust and understanding then you can start making photographs(after they get to know you and you them). I would try a handheld large format camera, planning on trying to do some of that in the future with my Bananarama Camera. Good luck

www.gerryyaum.com
    http://gerryyaum.blogspot.com/2008/0...ma-online.html