Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Photo Fun---what's on your agenda?

Re: Summer Photo Fun---what's on your agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nicholls View Post
    Summer? That season has already finished.
    Unless one lives in Australia and pretty much has summer all year round. At least, in comparison to some of us

It is excellent to see the proposed shooting plans some of you guys have. I'm planning similar but different now that the heat is over and the light is not quite as harsh.

Our weather here in Adelaide at the moment is just ideal, now just to get motivated. Very pleasant 20 degrees today.

Happy shooting.

Steve

My late winter and early spring 4x5 work chasing wildflower blooms down in Southern California had exceptional results. (see link below) My next major road trip will be about the end of this month in Humboldt and Del Norte county coastal redwood forests including the rhododendron blooms. Given my skills hiking, exploring, and photographing away from trails, I have prepped to do a fair amount of unique work in pristine locations others have never traveled.

David Senesac

Spring 2008 Wildflower Trip Chronicles
    http://www.davidsenesac.com/Spring_2...g_2008_p0.html

Well, since I live in Moscow and all good landscape places here, in Russia, are faaar away, I'm going to Spain for 20 days for some good 4x5 photography - in the mountains, mostly. Then I probably go to Ukraine to shoot some nice places in Carpathian mountains... in August-September. And hopefully I'll go to Chile late in November. That's going to be FUN!

My apologies for being hemispheric-ly insensitive!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Trying to get back in shape to do some high country backpacking. I've been spoiled by beach trails all winter.

Hopelessly Lost

Im sitting in Marathon Texas at sunset and will be heading into Big Bend tomorrow. There was a quick rain squall and the clouds are epic. A good start to a 20,000 mile road trip.

More later.
    www.hollisbennett.com

Huh? Oh, right, keep moving.

Congratulations Preston!

For the last 2 years I've pushed myself to get out to photograph at least one weekend a month. In March I visited both Death Valley (the sand dunes close to Stovepipe Wells) and Darwin (the semi-ghost town on the western edge of the park) and Yosemite Valley. April was a business trip to Zurich, Switzerland (a nice night scene of the river) and a trip to Descanso Gardens, here in the Los Angeles area.

Summer begins in earnest with a late May weekend trip to Yosemite. The trees obstructing Tunnel View have been cleared which makes for an awe inspiring view. I'm hoping 120 is open, as I would like to shoot Tenaya lake at sunset. I also will take a long look at Mirror Lake and Glacier Point,as well as the various and sundry spots in and around the valley.

In June, after the Large Format conference I'm off to the Palouse for a long weekend.
    July is 4 days in Bodie and Mono Lake. In August and September I will hike to Pioneer Basin for 2-3 days and Ediza Lake and Thousand Island Lakes for 2-3 days.

I haven't made plans for late summer and into fall.

Rick Russell

Busy summer for a lot of us it seems!

Congrats Preston....

My schedule this year:

The Palouse region in E and SE Washington: Now and just prior to wheat harvest
    Cracker Lake area in Glacier NP: June 27 - 29
    East Glacier NP: June 26, June 30
    Mount Rainier Area/Paradise: Late July
    East & West Glacier NP: September 10 - 15

I leave for Yosemite and the Sierras on May 27th...less than two weeks away now. Nervous...yet tremendously excited! Looks like the Tioga Pass might actually be open(fingers and toes crossed).