Hello,
I am looking to buy a good book on alternative processes as I start to explore these a bit more. In the past I have looked at the following books, especially the Barnier:

• John Barnier. Coming into Focus: A Step by Step Guide to Alternative Photographic Printing Processes.
  • Christopher James. The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes. 2001 ed. I think there is a new edition which covers digital negs.

While I know one book can't be the best at everything, I am looking to get a book which would thoroughly cover the major alt processes at a technical level that would suit me. I am proficient with LF and conventional sensitometry from Ansel Adams etc. I.e. I can develop negs to a particular density and test with my densitometer etc, so I don't really want handholding (which I felt the Barnier book did a bit). But I also don't want to get deep into chemical equations and stuff and the only alt process I have done extensively thus far are cyanotypes. Something on digital negatives etc would be good but not essential if the rest of the material is good. These books look kind of expensive, so I thought I'd ask forum members before deciding on one.