Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eversmart Supreme

Eversmart Supreme

I just returned from a live auction at Pro Lab in Seattle where I won a Creo Eversmart Supreme with a Mac to run it. It is running Oxygen and the software CD's were with the unit along with all the documentation, oil mounting station, calibration strips, step wedge, masks, a separate server and two boxes full of software and accessories. One of Pro Lab's employees was kind enough to turn on the scanner and computer and show me that everything was there and worked. I don't think I did too awful bad for a whopping $1000. Now I have to go through what I have purchased and learn how to use it. I am new to the Eversmart scanner and Mac as well so I have some learning to do. I did pick up a Mac G5 dual with OS X pretty cheap at the auction to see how it compares to my PC. Maybe I will convert.

I don't have any questions regarding the scanner yet, but I probably will when I set it up and try it out.

Ben

Re: Eversmart Supreme

fantastic deal, an upgrade from the pro model to the supreme is $5000.00!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hopson View Post
    I just returned from a live auction at Pro Lab in Seattle where I won a Creo Eversmart Supreme with a Mac to run it. It is running Oxygen and the software CD's were with the unit along with all the documentation, oil mounting station, calibration strips, step wedge, masks, a separate server and two boxes full of software and accessories. One of Pro Lab's employees was kind enough to turn on the scanner and computer and show me that everything was there and worked. I don't think I did too awful bad for a whopping $1000. Now I have to go through what I have purchased and learn how to use it. I am new to the Eversmart scanner and Mac as well so I have some learning to do. I did pick up a Mac G5 dual with OS X pretty cheap at the auction to see how it compares to my PC. Maybe I will convert.

I don't have any questions regarding the scanner yet, but I probably will when I set it up and try it out.

Ben
    Ben,

I must admit to being green with envy. If thst scanner is working you got a fantastic deal. There is not another professinal flatbed in the world better than the Supreme, IMO, excepting the current Supreme 11 and Select II models. Learning to use the software and get the most from the software will require some time and effort as this is very powerful equipment.

As for MAC OSX, I am confident that after you have had the opportunity to learn its features you will come to prefer it to the PC.

Sandy King

jetcode

it's the high end scanner giveaway program

Peter got his Cezanne for 1K and now this Supreme for 1k, next it will be a fully functioning Tango for free come pick it up

That is a great buy! Congratulations! I just paid more that twice that for a Jazz+ which has half the resolution, and I'm still looking for film masks and calibration targets. You have a FINE machine there well worth the time to get used to its software and the Mac. Once you've gotten used to the Mac I think you'll find it very user friendly.
    Wow... a great buy!
    Bill

congrats!

Joe,

Let's be clear, though. Ben got the better deal, as long as his scanner is in good working order. Nice snag!

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    Joe,

Let's be clear, though. Ben got the better deal, as long as his scanner is in good working order. Nice snag!
    no doubt Peter however I paid $6k for my Elite and I would have gladly preferred a better deal like the one you got .

After all these encouraging comments I am more excited than ever to dig in and explore the capabilities of this scanner. I just hope everything is in good shape and will stay that way. I got a log book with scanner and it looks like it was calibrated and maintained as necessary. There were also several spare lamps with the scanner.

Ben

Ben, You're a lucky dog!
    I hope everything runs well for you. I bought a used supreme six months ago from a reputable equipment sales company and have had nothing but problems. Luckily they haven't given up and I still hope to have one that works someday!
    I would have loved to have done Ted Harris's scanning workshop.
    Thad