Thread: 2nd Annual Juried Alternative & Historical Process Show

2nd Annual Juried Alternative & Historical Process Show

Photography Re-Imagined
    2nd Annual Juried Alternative & Historical Process Show
    Tilt Gallery, Phoenix, AZ
    Juror: Christopher James

August 15th – September 19th, 2008

Reception: Friday, August 15th, 6-10pm, Closing Reception: Friday, September 19th, 6-10pm.

About the Juror: Christopher James is an internationally known artist and photographer whose paintings and alternative process images have been exhibited in galleries and museums in this country and abroad. His work has been published and shown extensively, including shows in The Museum of Modern Art, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The George Eastman House, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art. His book, The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes (Delmar, 2001) has received unprecedented critical acclaim, was the winner of The Golden Light Technical
    Book of the Year award, and has become the standard reference text in alternative process image making. His second, and significantly expanded, edition of The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes: 2nd Edition was released in February 2008. Christopher, after 13 years at Harvard University, is currently Professor and Chair of Photography at The Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University.

Eligibility: All prints made using an alternative process are eligible and the exhibition is open to all subject matter. Examples of acceptable processes are albumen, collotype, kallitype, Lazertran, anthotype, Ziatype, carbon, Argyrotype, cyanotype, daguerreotype, gum bichromate, salted paper, photogravure, platinum and palladium, van dyke, hand applied emulsions, wet-plate collodion, and combinations of all of the above. No digital, c-prints, Polaroid or solvent transfers, or gelatin silver prints will be accepted unless combined with an alternative process. For further questions regarding eligible processes e-mail info@tiltgallery.com. Work should have been completed in the last three years.

Entry Fee: $30 for three images. Send any additional images for $5.00 per image. Check or money order accepted; make check payable to Tilt Gallery.

How to Enter: Jurying will be from digital images only. Minimum of three images per artist. Any additional images can be sent for $5.00 each. Submit Jpeg files on CD only. Files should be 150dpi and no larger than 1000 pixels in the longest dimension. Title each image file with your first and last name, then the image number and the title of the piece, which should correspond to the submission form (example: BobSmith_1_Title, BobSmith_2_Title…). All submission forms must be typed. Images on CD must accurately represent the work being submitted. Tilt Gallery retains the right to reject any work that is not accurately represented by the CD. CDs will not be returned.

Deadline for Submissions: All entries must be received by 5pm on June 16th, 2008.
    Notification of acceptance will be sent the week of July 14th. Framed work needs to arrive at the gallery no later than August 4th, 2008.

Award: First place will receive $250 and the artist’s winning piece will be included in a Tilt Gallery Retrospective Show, second place will receive $150, and third place will receive $100.

For more information and to download registration form, please visit our website:
    http://www.tiltgallery.com/

Re: 2nd Annual Juried Alternative & Historical Process Show

For those of us using alt processes, entering photo contests judged in digital form can be a very frustrating thing. In this case, it is good to know that the judge (Christopher James) is very much aware of what the "real thing" looks like.

If I don't space out the entry date like I usually do, I think I'll enter this one.

Vaughn

Son of a gun, I wish I knew about this! Crikey sheisters! I knew I should have been paying attention to this site instead of Model Mayhem. But, it's so fun over there.
    Well, at least there's next year. I can't freakin' wait!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesWest View Post
    Son of a gun, I wish I knew about this! Crikey sheisters! I knew I should have been paying attention to this site instead of Model Mayhem. But, it's so fun over there.
    Well, at least there's next year. I can't freakin' wait!
    Did you just awake from a time warp or something? You are posting to threads that are years old!

Don