Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voigtlander Euroscop Hybrid 16" lens images

Darkcloth Fumbler

Re: Voigtlander Euroscop Hybrid 16" lens images

wow, i know exactly the spot you mean! there's a bridge on the 33, and you can pass under the bridge or start on the east side. a couple-mile loop...i've shot 35mm there, but never yielded anything decent. i wouldn't have recognized it if you hadn't have told me. i keep meaning to haul the monorail up there...
    - matt haines

Business.
    Pleasure.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Matt, all of the images are taken there. Nice spot if you go early. It got crowded about 10:30 Am when I was done. There are a lot of great spots off of the 33. I have some of my best stuff from there.

Jim

Nah, you're not going to make me homesick for So. Cal., but I'll bet the back side of Refugio road where it winds down to Solvang is pretty right now. Spanish moss and oak. Makes you think you're driving through Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Nah, you're not going to make me homesick for So. Cal., but I'll bet the back side of Refugio road where it winds down to Solvang is pretty right now. Spanish moss and oak. Makes you think you're driving through Georgia.
    Jim, I know that road well. There is a nice park off of that road. Nojqui park. Great limestone waterfall and trail. The oaks and moss are great. I haven't managed to get a good shot in there but I can keep trying. I'll bet I'll stop a few cars when I set her up!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Jim, I know that road well. There is a nice park off of that road. Nojqui park. Great limestone waterfall and trail. The oaks and moss are great. I haven't managed to get a good shot in there but I can keep trying. I'll bet I'll stop a few cars when I set her up!

Jim

I've never gotten a good shot of that falls. Maybe the 5X14 tipped on it's side

No, I was thinking the road that leaves Refugio beach and goes up over the mountain past Ronald Reagan's ranch and down the other side. It comes out just east of Solvang. Seems any of those oaks would make a worthy picture, they are so grand. Did it burn badly in there. It's been many years now.

Jim, now I know what you mean. The fire was a bit east of there. There are some grand oaks in there. I think that is highway 154? Unless I'm just missing something on this one which very well could be.

The falls in there are tough to get. The 5x14 would be a good option. I have a shot in the gallery on APUG of the trail that leads up to the falls. Hell I'll just post it here. I think I shot this with my TRT.

Jim

Ok, so I had one sheet of Efke-25 left and I thought I should use it on the Calla. This is shot wide open at about F-7.7. 8x10 contact print on some 1976 Azo in Ansco 130. This print really glows! Man am I in love with this lens!!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Ok, so I had one sheet of Efke-25 left and I thought I should use it on the Calla. This is shot wide open at about F-7.7. 8x10 contact print on some 1976 Azo in Ansco 130. This print really glows! Man am I in love with this lens!!

Jim
    Doesn't get any simpler than that! Very nice.

Update on my Euryscop #5 with 82mm Diopter; No magic. I doubt I'll make any images with it. I tried #1, #2, and #4 diopters. #2 comes closest and I may play a bit more with it but it didn't look extra-ordinary in any way.

Jim, thanks. It doesn't get any easier. This is my "go to portrait lens" My 21 year old is graduating from USC on the 16th of May and I'm going to try and get a portrait of all three of my son's using this lens.
    Sorry to hear about the Euryscop #5 not working out yet. I'm sure the little green men will send something to help you out.

Jim