Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6x9 film roll back for Wista DX 4x5.

Re: 6x9 film roll back for Wista DX 4x5.

Thanks a ton for the photos guys. I'm going to browse ebay and see what I can find for backs. I was thinking of getting a graflock back especially for it, but the cambo seems to be very flat...
    As for the cropping comment, I thought of that possibilty already and it would make sense, but I file out my negative holders for borders and I have a ton of 120 film in the freezer that can get used. It was a good suggestion though regardless. If you think about the $100 of savings by not buying a specialized back could buy me 100 sheets of 4x5 film (approx.), but I think I'll shoot way more than 100 shots with this back. Thanks for the advise anyway.

Jordan, before venturing into eboy! territory, search the threads on film flatness of the Cambo roll backs. There was a time when the backs were not made well and film flatness was a major weakness. They (greatly) improved the quality control and those are the backs you want to buy. I can't remember how to tell the difference, but hopefully you'll find an appropriate discussion here, APUG. or Photo.net.

good luck

How can they not get the film flatness right on a rollback? Just thinking about it logically the tension should be enough to keep it flat, no?

I've been using a Cambo 6x12 (!) RFH, the "newer" type for more than 12 years. No problem with the film flatness but a problem with the winding mechanism (repaired after getting a few parts from a Cambo technician).