Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finding lenboards for a Kodak 2D

Re: Finding lenboards for a Kodak 2D

I make my own, too. I get 1/4 Baltic Birch plywood from rockler.com. They have it in 12"X30" and 24"X30" pieces, so I don't have to buy a whole sheet and it ships UPS. The price is right, too. We don't have a lumber yard round here.

This just an update on oaklandlenscom. Today May 9th, 2008 I received my lens board adapter for my Kodak 2D. The adapter board holds the 4"x4" lens boards just fine. A little tweaking will be necessary for the adapter to fit into the old Kodak 2D, but I find this acceptable when dealing with 80 year old wood.

I do find the wait of 3.5 months distasteful. But, in the end he did come through with the lens board, plus he sent a blank 2D lens board that I can use for another lens.

Wayne

I make mine out of Aluminum sheet with the hole cut on a drill press. I cut the sheet to size with a dedicated table saw with a nonferrous aluminum cutting blade, it can be used with brass etc. also. Cleanup the edges and paint with Krylon.

Quote Originally Posted by sparq View Post
    I make humble 6x6 lens boards for Deardorff from black foam core sheets. They work suprisingly well for what I need from them, please don't laugh. ;-) The largest lens I mounted in one was a 7'' Aero Ektar. All you need is a sharp knife, a cutting mat, a ruler, and a glue stick.
    Not laughing...I have two boards I have been using for a long time on my Zone VI 8x10 that are made of a piece of white 8 ply mat board drymounted to a piece of 4 ply black mat board -- then I cut the hole out with a exacto blade.

One of these days I get "real" lensboards for those lenses (19" RD artar and a 210mm Wollie).

What I need to figure out is how to make a lensboard that will work with my monster 600mm Rodenstock f9. The lens has a greater diameter than my 5.5" boards.

Vaughn