Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New Web Site

Re: My New Web Site

Hi R.e.

Thank for your advices, now I'll try to do my .gifs, crisper than before, and I'll check typefaces , I don't remember what kind font I've used.

I put my suggestions about Safari and Firefox, only because I tested my site with both of these browser, because I don't have IE, and the first release of it, dosen't work well on IE, now if you check it and it works well I'll erase my suggestion

Best

Stefano
    Analog is Rock!!!! Digital is slow
    My site

Your site looks fine with IE.

Maybe it's just me, but I see problems with the .gifs on your home page. The logo with your name on the top left looks washed out, and the type displaying your name to the right is indistinct/lacks crispness.

If you don't see the same thing, ignore what I'm saying

If you do see the same thing, consider using a font that has been designed to be read on a computer screen. It makes a difference. There's nothing wrong with Matthew Carter's designs and those of others who have designed specifically for computers. I have a typeface that cost many hundreds of dollars that looks brilliant when printed on paper, but doesn't look right when transformed into a .gif and read on a screen. So regretably, I won't be using it on the web site that I'm working on.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    . . . . . . . . . . .

I'd be very interested in knowing whether Gordon Moat says that he is not the recipient of a fair number of links from other sites, because in that case his experience does not jive with what Google says.
    Okay, so I have postings over at PDN Forums and this forum that include my signature, with a link back to my website. However, when I compare some of the general searches not including my name to where my site shows up on a search, I am completely baffled how barely a thousand links (remember, my website launched in December 2007) from my signature place me so high. Quite simply, when sites listed above and below mine have been around longer, and have been linked from 20x to 30x as many locations, or even contain paid placement, then I do not think it is as simple as link backs.

Like I stated previously, I do not know how Google and Yahoo function (nor MSN, ASK, nor any other search engine), and I doubt anyone else really understands this either. I find it somewhat amusing that I thought I would be invisible to search engines, yet show up quite high on searches not using my name.

Honestly, if I got one great connection per year off a search engine, then I would be surprised. I don't think people find advertising photographers off search engines, so I honestly don't think they matter. It is far too random. The website is there as a brochure, and what you do beyond the internet is what gets people to view your website. Your business card, any print advertising, and your direct marketing efforts are what should get the bulk of your attention, investment, and time; these are the things that will get you more work, and your website is your on-line easy access portfolio.

Ciao!

Gordon

Any website which tries to automatically download activex controls doesn't get my vote.

And it also throws up advertising pop up windows.

So basically your site sucks and is to be avoided.

The pop-up blocker I use in FireFox must be working, since I never noticed that about his website. In general, I think pop-ups without warning the viewer is a bad idea. There was an older thread about what to use on websites on this forum; it might be a good idea to read through that one. There were many good ideas on that previous thread, which might be better than trying to redo the discussion on this thread.

Ciao!

Gordon

So after I added the sales pages, now I've just finished to put online a newsletter pages, where, if you want, you can subscribe to my newsletter, I'll send it every two mounths(more and Less) with news, my works, special offers.

Ciao
    Stefano
    My site

Stefano: The site looks good, but the photos are great! I'd recommend having a few more photos on the home page to draw the viewer in. . .the "English" is a nice touch for those of us who are "language challenged." Tom Conway.

Stefano, very nice web site. I played around with using lightbox for my own site, and finally decided against it, but it does make a very nice presentation.

Oh, and your photographs are wonderful!

Mark

Thanks for your comment to my site, I'll keep on my mind your suggestions about more photos on the home page and the others that you gave me. I'm very happy that my photographic works is appreciated and do you like.. I hope to put more photos earlier.
    Stefano
    My site

Dear All,

I would like to know that I made some improvment on my site, with a new html code(lighter), some new graphics but no much, and the sale pages completely redesigned,where I added a special offer prints. This Special Offer will change every three mounths....
    I hope this little update do you like,and enjoy yourself...

Stefano
    My site