Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11x14 paper negs; Voigtlander Euroscop Hybrid

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: 11x14 paper negs; Voigtlander Euroscop Hybrid

I'm back-and-forth between the two. Sad we feel the need to choose; they're both quite beautiful. There's a lot of potential in that lens...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Mark, thanks you are right. I do love the look of both. Yes this lens has some potential.
    Andrew, I need to get something to put the Ektar in and see what it gives me wide open. Thanks.

Jim

Jim F, they both are beautiful and worth exploring fully. The first has all the pictorial qualities one hopes for in a soft focus lens, soft but with some sharpness mixed in. The second has the creaminess everyone looks for in the older more popular "read expensive" heliars and cookes.
    Great idea Jim G! I tried this with a petzval but it didn't turn out nearly as nice as this. Keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by photobulley View Post
    Jim F, they both are beautiful and worth exploring fully. The first has all the pictorial qualities one hopes for in a soft focus lens, soft but with some sharpness mixed in. The second has the creaminess everyone looks for in the older more popular "read expensive" heliars and cookes.
    Great idea Jim G! I tried this with a petzval but it didn't turn out nearly as nice as this. Keep them coming.
    Brian, try it with the cemented end of the Petzval, ie. put the front in the back, and the diopter in the front.

Brian, thanks. I just got out of the darkroom. I developed two sheets of FP4+ 11x14. Did them both in Pyrocat-HD. Same basic composition. One with the Voigtlander @ F-64 and one with the Ilex 21 1/4" process lens @ F-64. I will print them later and post the results. The negs are drying. It will be interesting to see the "look" of both of these lenses.

Jim

Jim G, thanks for the tip but I've already tried that combo, actually several different diopters too. For some reason it just comes out mushy and not creamy if you know what I mean. I got the idea from Mark Sawyer and his IWSWGON lens but unfortunately mine turned out rather blah. The petzval is a McIntosh Q10 and looks pretty good as made but the diopter+ front element covers 11x14 at portrait distance. I had hopes

Jim F, I'm looking forward to the test prints.

Brian, I just put the prints on the drying screens. The first test I did on the 8x10 with the Voigtlander Hybrid. I made two stops one at F-32 and one at F-64. I forgot to shoot one wide open! I did shoot at F-16 and the results I think are stunning. I have what I think is one of the finest images I've done to date. I printed them on some Azo from 1976. I'll post them tomorrow in a separate thread. This has become my all time favorite lens for 8x10 and 11x14.

Jim