Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Victoria B.C.

Confidently Agnostic!

Re: Hello from Victoria B.C.

I'm only 33. Wait, 32 until June, I think. Starting to lose track. My belt is tight enough - I consider it insulation for the winter time.

Glad you guys are on board with doing away with formalities like meetings and minutes and organized stuff like that.

Is there anywhere on the island that processes E6 4x5 sheets, or do you have to send them to Vancouver?

Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    I'm only 33. Wait, 32 until June, I think. Starting to lose track. My belt is tight enough - I consider it insulation for the winter time.

Glad you guys are on board with doing away with formalities like meetings and minutes and organized stuff like that.

Is there anywhere on the island that processes E6 4x5 sheets, or do you have to send them to Vancouver?
    I drop them off at either Prism on Fort Street or Lens and Shutter closer to the water. Never bothered asking about local or not. The E6 results have been perfect. I'll be using Fuji Pro 160S for a while as I just obtained amountain of Quickload and have to use that up.

I'll be 39 in June.

Confidently Agnostic!

An occasional meeting for a print exchange or critique would be cool.

Anyway, thanks for the info on development. I wasn't aware of prism, though of course I've been in lens & shutter a billion times for film & supplies (I think I've bought some filters there too). They've got a pretty nice darkroom section - I've been dying to try the oriental papers.

I have a bunch of 4x5 portra 160 to get developed sometime too (half of it pinhole stuff from around Victoria actually). I've been meaning to send it off to Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    An occasional meeting for a print exchange or critique would be cool.

Anyway, thanks for the info on development. I wasn't aware of prism, though of course I've been in lens & shutter a billion times for film & supplies (I think I've bought some filters there too). They've got a pretty nice darkroom section - I've been dying to try the oriental papers.

I have a bunch of 4x5 portra 160 to get developed sometime too (half of it pinhole stuff from around Victoria actually). I've been meaning to send it off to Vancouver.
    I've stopped using film for everything but 4x5 and MF for my Holga. That said, a pinhole 4x5 with Fuji instant would be fun. I was just about to try drilling a body cap for one of my DSLRs to make a digital pinhole....just for something new to try. Next up though, is pinhole Hogla

Confidently Agnostic!

Yeah, I use digital for small format stuff too - film is just medium format and large format for me, though that's sort of the majority of what I do with any seriousness.

Starting to look like the rookie to LF is also the old man at 54. The unstructured no formal meeting idea is good with me. I have a post in the camera section with some more progress pictures of the 8x10.

This is great - I had no idea there were so many LF users around Victoria. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Dave

Albert - you're not alone. I'm a rookie as well, and will turn 54 this year.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Lombardi View Post
    Starting to look like the rookie to LF is also the old man at 54. The unstructured no formal meeting idea is good with me. I have a post in the camera section with some more progress pictures of the 8x10.
    Hey, no worries there. Digital capture is my primary method....the LF is just the hobby side, a way of getting away from the normal work stuff.

Everyone is a rookie when it comes to photography!

Welcome to group therepy! Looks like you have alot of company up there!