There have been many threads already on this topic, though as I am on my way searching for a scanner and leaning towards and older pro or semi-pro (does such a thing exists?) flatbed scanners I thought it may be worthwhile to bring some of these informations under one roof.

My point is simple - what are according to your opinin older/used proffesional flatbed scanners that are worth to have a look. I ask for the flatbeds only as the drum scanners although capable of the highest quality results require to much work for an ordinary photographer to get a scan and tend to be large and also more expensive. Let's put the top price limit on $5000 (although I would probably spend "a bit" less than that)

If possible I would like to ask you to comment on:

- Pros
- Cons
- Caveats considering necesasry software/hardware
- Basic specs (resolution, weight, size)
- Your opinion about the scan quality
- year of production
- Reasonable price range on the used market for a fully working unit
- Price/availability of possible accesories or software

I have in mind scanners like, Creo Eversmart, Agfa Duoscan T2500, Polaroid SprintScan 45 Ultra, Screen Cezanne, Fuji Lanovia, Creo IQSmart (?), etc ... (to cover a wider range, tha last ones would probably not fit the $5000 limit)

Personally I want to use such a scanner not only for 4x5 but also for 6x6 and maybe for 35mm and would like to be able to get a decent 6x enlargement at 360dpi printed. Print should look good when viewed from 30 cm distance.

thank you