Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geezer Photo Stroller Secrets Revealed...

Re: Geezer Photo Stroller Secrets Revealed...

You can find these things at baby-stuff consignment shops for about 1/3 the price. I got mine a couple of years ago for $35 - it's a single. A couple of weekends ago, I drove past a Sertoma club yard sale just as it was closing down. They had a double stroller and to keep from having to load it back in their truck, they sold it to me for $10. Yesterday morning I walked out to may car, and there by the side of the street was one being thrown out with the trash. Look around and you can find these things much cheaper. I highly endorse them.
    juan

It says that the weight limit is 100lbs. Do you think the plywood floor you put in increased the amount of weight you could carry or is the frame itself wimpy?

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

I think it refers to the frame. 100lbs should be adequate for most people...what's shown in my 3rd photo is about 50 lbs of stuff.

Another nice one is the Performance single by BabyJogger
    http://babyjogger.com/performancesingle.htm

It has 20 inch wheels and 100 pound shocks. The larger wheels help you over uneven terrain, offer less rolling resistance and the shocks make the ride smoother on your gear. I bought mine second hand on eBay three years ago. That vintage only had a front brake. There is not much weight on the front, so it doesn’t do much for you. The current model has a parking brake that locks the rear wheels. Lacking that I usually just wedge it up against a tree, rock, fence.

Today I carried seven 7x17 film holders in a bag on the bottom rails; a 12x12x 10” cooler bag full of lenses, meter, loupe in the seat, and a 7x17 RH Phillips mounted on a big Ries. The tripod spikes go through two holes cut in the foot rest. The tripod leans on the cooler bag and is buggied to the shocks and axle. When I stop, the camera, tripod and tripod head are all connected for instant set up.

I bought the baby jogger when I thought my 4x5 kit was heavy. I have also used it for an 8x10 RH Phillips mounted on the smaller Ries. The whole rig will not carry as much gear as the rig described earlier, but what I have may travel more gently and may be more quickly set up. The joy is we have choices. The only modification required was to drill two ¼” holes for the tripod spikes. Oh yeah, I added a bicycle handle bar compass. I use it to tell me when the sun will be where I want it for a shot so I will know when to come back.

The polite eBay seller said his son had out grown the jogger. He wanted to know if I had a boy or a girl and how old. He laughed when I said baby Linhof was adopted, of uncertain age and sex, but loved to take pictures.

68 year old member of the Geezer Constituency,

John

Hello Richard;

I have a single seater jogging stroller for my 8x10 gear, and it works well when I use it. A more compact though more limited set-up is built around a golf0bag cart. Small hose clamps mount a back-pack frame ridgedly and straps secure the tripod. It all folds upp for auto trunk stowage, and lastly,icompared to a baby buggy,t looks a little more, well... BUTCH! Just another approach to mobility and load carrying.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Who's a big camera? Who's a biggy wiggy camera!? YOU are! That's right! You are! Sooo big!

Oops, dual post.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

or use those DANISH bycykels. They are Great!
    Lambis Stratoudakis
    www.apneaimages.com/blog

Hi All.
    I use a BOB Revolution stroller. It has a pivoting front wheel with off road tires. Works great on all terrain. I recently installed a cargo converstion offered by the same company. I can take both my 4x5 and 8x10 in their packs, with film for both, two tripods,(if needed) and a changing bag. An that is not including the lower compartment. Installed a GPS mount as well. Still folds to fit in my trunk

Here is what I was looking at the other day. A little modification and should work great. These are available at harbor freight for $50 and support 200lbs.