Thread: Need help with used Omega D5 XL and Zone VI cold light

Need help with used Omega D5 XL and Zone VI cold light

I recently bought a used Omega D5 XL enlarger and a used Zone VI cold light that is supposed to fit all Omega D models. I bought them from two different source s, and I am now trying to figure out how the cold light fits into the enlarger. I first removed the condenser light source from the enlarger, then I removed th e variable lens and the condenser lenses. I put the diffusion panel for the col d light in the aluminum cylinder that houses the condenser lenses. Now where do es the cold light go? It won't fit where the original light was. I could drop the cold light into the cylinder directly on top of the diffusion panel where t he condenser lenses were, but then I'll have to pick the cylinder up by hand ea ch time and slip the negative carrier underneath. That would render the upper s tages of the condenser assembly and the arm that raises it worthless. Any thoug hts? I may have overlooked something completely obvious, or maybe I'm doing it right and don't know it. I haven't bought any other accessories for the enlarge r (lens, timer, neg. holder, etc.), so I'll probably be back with other question s in the future. But right now this has me stumped.

Thanks for all your help.

The cold light goes into the aluminum cylinder on top of the diffusion plate. The aluminum cylinder is attached to the gray metal box. The arms used to lift the light are attached to the gray box.

Thanks Louis. I was so close, yet couldn't quite get it all together. Everything seems fine now, but I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

Thanks again.