Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11x14 case/bag

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

11x14 case/bag

I'm going to be finishing the 11x14 soon and if I want to take it into the field what can I carry it in? It is about 20"x 17 1/2" x 5". I've got three holders and lenses to go with it. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jim

Re: 11x14 case/bag

Jim, I'm using a Mekko backpack--the C-39 model. It's 25x16.6x7.7 inside. It holds my Empire State 11x14, 3 lenses, and two film holders (haven't got a third holder yet).

Here's the link: http://www.mekko.net/photobag/backseri.html

-Michael

Michael, thanks for the link. Looks like it would work.

JIm

hey, this could work for me:-)

Any idea on price?

thanks

Robert

Got mine for $145

Michael, thanks for the price info. What I'm concerned about is the weight. Is it really 11 lbs? If so what does your system weight when you have it loaded?

Jim

Jim,
    my bag is 9lbs. Fully loaded is 30 pounds, including camera, two holders, dark cloth, back rail, and one lens, but not including my tripod. FWIW, the Empire State is 15lbs. The back rail adds 1.6lbs. I think the Berlebach tripod is another 6-7lbs.

I haven't backpacked with this pack yet, but it's a very convenient bag for holding the 11x14 system and shooting near the car. I plan to do some backpacking with it this summer--45 minutes to an hour one-way up to 12,000 feet.

I think the total weight is near what I carry with my 8x10 Kodak 2D in s smaller bag but with more holders and lenses.
    -Michael

Thank for the info and the price Michael, I emailed mekko people listed within the link about price. Tthey emailed back giving their shipping quote, $50 surface and $100 air but no mention of price for the pack itself. Either that or I understood the reply wrong and those are the price including shipping:-)

As is, I think the pack will be a tight fit for my camera where the exterior measures 17.5" but it's only it's only a tiny bit over 3" thick, so I am thinking it may be possible to squeeze in there with the side stretched. I have four holders so that should round out the rest of the space.

Robert

Robert

Robert, I think the bag should work for you. My camera is 17" across at the focus knob and I could get another 1/2 inch to fit.

The price above included shipping. Price for the bag alone may have been $99.95. I think I purchased through goshotcamera.com in Dec. '06 but my records are a little sketchy.
    -Michael

Michael this is great, thanks. My system is similar. My camera is 16 lbs. With two holders and a lens, cloth etc. should be about the same. My Walnut tripod with the Majestic head is at 10 lbs. I have it in it's own bag so this seems like a good possibility. Now I need to get the $$$ together.

Jim