Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega D5-XL and 100mm-105mm lens

Cool Omega D5-XL and 100mm-105mm lens

The Omgea D5 I was given recently came with 50mm & 150mm lenses and the correct adapters and negative carriers.

I need to add a lens, lens adapter & negative carrier for 6x7 negatives. I think that the 105mm EL-Nikkor fits my needs and budget. Can anyone tell me which Omega lens holder I need for this lens? I found this photo on the internet...

It appears the the rear of the lens extends beyond the threads. Should I be looking for an Omega lens holder with a built in extension? Does anyone have a 100mm or 105mm lens that they use on the Omega D5? The negative carrier is straightforward. I'm sure I'll have no trouble finding one. When I know which holder to look for, I will put a WTB ad in the For Sale/WTB/WTT area here.

In the meantime, if anyone has a lens suitable for 6x7 & 6x9 negatives ready to go on the D5 and a 6x7 negative carrier and the price is right, send me a PM. We can talk!

Thanks for all of your help since I joined this Forum. Y'all have been so helpful that I am going to buy a Kodak Master View 4x5 camera and lens tomorrow.

Cheers!

Wayne
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Re: Omega D5-XL and 100mm-105mm lens

Wayne,
    I have used the 135 and then 150 for 6x6 negatives with some success; you may want to try it out. It can be a problem if you are out of alignment, but otherwise, it tends to give better light distribution on the negative and equal or better sharpness.

Thanks Tom. A no cost solution is always worth trying. The 150mm lens I have is a Componon-S and the easel I have is 11x14. If it all works, that would be fine.
    Wayne

Wayne's Blog

Hello Wayne,

you need either the "Standard slide in Lens Mount" or the "Lens Turret" to mount your lens on the D5 Enlarger. Both need the appropriate spacer per lens.

You will be able to source that @ http://www.classic-enlargers.com/ (best) thru these guys @ http://www.khbphotografix.com/ or google the Omega site.

David Crossley/Crossley Photography....

David,

I have the slide in lens mount. I have 2 of the football shaped flanges with holes on each end for the 2 lenses that came with the enlarger. The holder for the 150mm Componon-S has a spacer on it so that the rear element of the lens is flush with the adapter and slides into the slide in lens mount. The adapter for the 50mm lens is similar but much thinner since the rear element of the Komuranon-S lens doesn't protrude as far beyond the threads on the lens.

Looking around at KHB, what I'm looking for is something like this...

Omega Oval Lens Mount - formed, 39mm opening (421-109)
    Omega Oval Lens Mount - flat, 39mm opening (421-116)

I guess the thing to do, if the 150mm lens doesn't work for me, is buy a 100 or 105mm lens and then go hunting for the correct Omega Oval Lens Mount.
    Wayne

Wayne's Blog

Wayne, if you use the 150, I hope you have monkey arms You have to raise the
    head quite high to do large sizes. It's kind of hard to focus and look at the grain focuser at the same time. It's your cheapest solution, why not give it a try.
    regards
    Erik

Somewhere out there is a lens turret with 3 EL-Nikkor lenses already mounted on it with my name on it.
    Wayne

Wayne's Blog

Wayne,
    I have a Schneider Componon 105mm that's on a 421-931 oval mount that's raised and the kind that can be removed by loosening the thumb screws then slipped out. I'd send you a picture but my digital camera just left yesterday for a canoe trip on the Green river in Utah with my girlfriend. I also have a 6x7 negative holder that I'd be willing to part with. You'd have to wait a week an a half for photos.

Thad

Thad,

Thank you. I'm in no hurry. When you get yuor camera back will be fine. I'm jealous! I wish I were on the Green River now.
    Wayne

Wayne's Blog

Hello Wayne,
    Are you still interested in the enlarger lens and carrier? Let me know if you have any questions or make an offer.
    Thad
    Last edited by Thad Gerheim; 21-Jan-2009 at 19:26.