Thread: Photographs by Richard M. Coda - Phoenix Country Day School Benefit Reception

Richard M. Coda

Photographs by Richard M. Coda - Phoenix Country Day School Benefit Reception

There will be an exhibit of my photographs at 422 Gallery in Phoenix, AZ from April 1-30, 2008. In addition there will be photographs by 422 owner, and my good friend, John Kitts.

Richard M. Coda has been photographing since the early 1970s in New Jersey. He has been using large format cameras exclusively since 1981. He has been included in over 30 exhibitions, been published, and has won several juried awards for his photography. His work is inspired by Edward Weston, Brett Weston, Ansel Adams, Walker Evans, Minor White, and others. Included in this exhibit are several vintage images, as well as newer work based in the Phoenix area. Mr. Coda relocated to Scottsdale in 2005 and is a Phoenix Country Day School parent. For more info, go to http://www.rcodaphotography.com

There will be a special benefit opening for Phoenix Country Day School on Friday, April 11, with an artist's reception starting at 6:00 PM. During this reception, 25% of all sales will de donated to Phoenix Country Day School. Located in Paradise Valley, PCDS is a nonsectarian college-preparatory school with an enrollment of 750 in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. A rigorous liberal-arts curriculum prepares graduates for admission to the nation’s top colleges and universities. Phoenix Country Day School seeks to graduate students who will, throughout their lives, love learning and pursue wisdom; use their talents and skills for the greater good; and be responsible citizens in their local communities, their nation, and the world. For more info, go to http://www.pcds.org

There will also be another reception on Friday, April 25, 2008.

Both openings are open to the public. I hope that you can make it if you are in the Phoenix Area.

422 Gallery is located at 4115 North 44th Street, at the NE corner of Indian School Road, in Phoenix, AZ 85018. Additional parking is available across the street in the Arcadia Promenade Shopping Center parking lot. For more information, please call either myself at 480-247-6401, or John Kitts at 602-670-1342.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

Re: Photographs by Richard M. Coda - Phoenix Country Day School Benefit Reception

What does the USA 2, Bad Guys 0 mean at the bottom of your website?
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Richard M. Coda

Re: Photographs by Richard M. Coda - Phoenix Country Day School Benefit Reception

It means, after September 11, we have two out of three (Taliban and Saddam Hussein)... just waiting for the Trifecta (UBL).

And before all you guys start bashing the war I would just like to let you know that I used to work in those buildings (WTC)... met my wife there and have friends that lost people that day.

Eric, I see you have taken a Don Kirby workshop. How was that? He came to talk to our LF class at Scottsdale CC (Community College, not country club). I enjoyed his work and bought one of his Wheatfields images. He's actually just signed to do a show, also at 422 Gallery, starting in August... all 40x40" prints.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"