Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More Tripod questions! (sorry)

Re: More Tripod questions! (sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Anupam Basu View Post
    Thanks. Do you find that a hindrance for 4x5 use or are there prefixed angle stops for "normal" usage. My Gitzo explorer didn't have stops and I found it slowed down things just a bit.

What's the maximum angle that the legs go out to - they seem to turn right back over the head - i.e. 180 degrees. If so, I can't understand why it doesn't go lower than 7 inches - shouldn't it go flat on the ground with the legs at 90 degrees?

-Anupam
    There are prefixed stops ... 3 if I recall, but the friction is enough to hold at any angle. 7" is allowing for head and base. I'm not near my pod at the moment, but I don't think it will go 180 degrees. I could be wrong. You could use a center column and hang off the bottom too.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

www.reallybigcameras.com

Also does anyone know the practical differences between the standard 3301 and the "tournament class" 3342 (hate the name, though). Is it worth the $100 difference.
    Originally, the Tournament Class tripods used much better materials and construction techniques than the Standard Class models. However, the Standard Class were recently upgraded and are now very comparable to the Tournament class in terms of overall quality of materials and construction.

The Tournament class still offer a few features not available on the Standard Class, and a slightly better weight to strength ratio. The additional features of the Tournament Class include the ability of the legs to fold upward by 180 degrees. This results in a more compact folded length for travel (especially with a CB-50D ballhead installed - which can fit totally within the upward folded legs of the CT-3342) and the ability to accept a leveling base (LB-7567).

The new, improved Standard Class are a great value for the money. The Tournament Class are Feisol's no-compromise, highest performance, most highly-featured models. Which is best really depends on your individual needs.

Hope that helps. If I can answer any more questions, just let me know.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras
    http://reallybigcameras.com

www.reallybigcameras.com

What's the maximum angle that the legs go out to - they seem to turn right back over the head - i.e. 180 degrees. If so, I can't understand why it doesn't go lower than 7 inches - shouldn't it go flat on the ground with the legs at 90 degrees?
    It depends on the model. The legs of the Traveler Class and Tournament Class models fold upward 180 degrees for the most compact travel size. So, yes, they can go completely flat. The Standard Class cannot.

The minimum height specs for all Feisol models are given with the legs collapsed and locked in the final notch position.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras
    http://reallybigcameras.com

My Feisol tripod arrived today complete with Ball head, only 6 days from Taiwan to UK!

fantastic service!

I'll let you all know how I get on with it, especially the ball head at almost half the weight of my Manfrotto Pro ball head both with similar pay loads (Feisol 19Kg, Manfrotto 16Kg).

Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Saunders View Post
    My Feisol tripod arrived today complete with Ball head, only 6 days from Taiwan to UK!

fantastic service!

I'll let you all know how I get on with it, especially the ball head at almost half the weight of my Manfrotto Pro ball head both with similar pay loads (Feisol 19Kg, Manfrotto 16Kg).

Watch this space
    I'm particularly interested in the durability of the ball head say about a year from now with a good deal of use. Being a Gitzo owner already I had to see a Feisol before I bought one but I am most satisfied especially for the price.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.