Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Foto 3

Going to Tijuana soon...

Re: Foto 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Alden or Steve Simmons;
    Photoe I supplied the contacts please acknowledge so this matter can be resolved.

amiles@viewcamera.com
    or call 505-899-8054

steve simmons
    Oh the tangled web we weave. One would think a photo conference wouldn't require the drama this one has.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Yes, it must all be a secret conspiracy... and the CIA, the NSA, and maybe the Knights Templar are in on it. I bet there are lenses carved from crystal skulls too...

Jeez, it's a photo conference/get-together, not a plot for world domination.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bob Alden or Steve Simmons;
    Photoe I supplied the contacts please acknowledge so this matter can be resolved.

amiles@viewcamera.com
    or call 505-899-8054

steve simmons

Oh the tangled web we weave. One would think a photo conference wouldn't require the drama this one has.

I did not make either of these posts and the matter has been resolved AFAIK

steve simmons

Bob Alden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was lending a hand that is all. I inadvertently copied Steve's name and now it is being misconstrued.

There is no conspiracy here. I am continually surprised that people come on here, people who really don't know anything, and post theories about this that and the other. Their theories are all negative of course. Some seem to relish the thought that foto3 might not do well.

This is a photography event. We should all support these types of events, whether it be foto3 or some other conference, festival, etc. The more of these there are, and the more successful they are, the more vibrant the photographic community will be.

steve simmons
    www.viewcamera.com
    www.foto3-2008.com

I suspect that the state of Large Format Photography may be slightly healthier than one might suppose it would be, especially looking at the expressions of wonder I see when I whip out my large format camera and show it to my high school students. The large format community depends very much on the craft and integrity of it's participants. Conduct is important in any community, and good conduct says more about it than any other media.

In the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Yes, it must all be a secret conspiracy... and the CIA, the NSA, and maybe the Knights Templar are in on it. I bet there are lenses carved from crystal skulls too...

Jeez, it's a photo conference/get-together, not a plot for world domination.
    Knights Templar are not involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Knights Templar are not involved.
    Aren't they? How is it then possible that it rained today and it was 23°C? Is it just a coincidence???

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    Wow. Yeah. That's...wow.

I don't even know what to say. As a newbie to view cameras, I thought about subscribing to the magazine. I'm not so sure anymore.

Clearing this up would be good.
    Good grief, VC's been around since the late 80s. Some articles are of interest to some, other articles are interesting to others. To base a decision to subscribe on the anti Steve Simmons attitudes on this site is silly. I understand that Mr. Simmons subjects himself to the abuse here is a business tool. He must just shake his head at night. We're lucky he does all these things regarding LF. Len

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Way back when Foto 3 was Foto 3, i and a friend considered going and taking some workshops. I almost registered early for the discount but decided against it due to finances at the time. My friend signed up for some workshops and booked a flight. When i mentioned that several sponsors had backed out and that the workshops may not go on, they had no idea. This was about a week after i heard the news. They weren't notified and my phone call was the first they had heard of it. That's unfortunate and it's too bad things weren't handled on a professional level. I think there are things we aren't being told for Foto 3 to lose so many participants like Freestyle and Calumet. This chain of events and this thread will make it hard for anyone to organize a successful, organized event of this kind in the future and that's really unfortunate.

vinny
    Even if the whole conference cancelled, which would be bad, no doubt about it, you're still in one of the most photographic parts of the country with your camera. Go make pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty McCutchen View Post
    Steve,

Am I missing something? The post below is under the registered name of Bob Alden, a supposed long time lurker who felt the need to sign up and show support to your conference (post # 73), but in the post listed below Steve Simmons signed under that registered name.

I may be daft but this doesn't look so good.

Reputations are rarely given. They are however earned.

Monty McCutchen
    That has to be the saddest behaviour I've seen from anyone over the age of about 4 - no, make that anyone of any age - for some time. The good news is that both Steve and Bob will apparently be attending so that makes at least one attendee!