Thanks to Fintan for pointing this out-

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDe...75&SESSION=891

Good ole Austin Mitchell-
    (The Right Honourable)

Early Day Motion
    EDM 1155

PHOTOGRAPHY IN PUBLIC AREAS

Mitchell, Austin

That this House is concerned to encourage the spread and enjoyment of photography as the most genuine and accessible people's art; deplores the apparent increase in the number of reported incidents in which the police, police community support officers (PCSOs) or wardens attempt to stop street photography and order the deletion of photographs or the confiscation of cards, cameras or film on various specious ground such as claims that some public buildings are strategic or sensitive, that children and adults can only be photographed with their written permission, that photographs of police and PCSOs are illegal, or that photographs may be used by terrorists; points out that photography in public places and streets is not only enjoyable but perfectly legal; regrets all such efforts to stop, discourage or inhibit amateur photographers taking pictures in public places, many of which are in any case festooned with closed circuit television cameras; and urges the Home Office and the Association of Chief Police Officers to agree on a photography code for the information of officers on the ground, setting out the public's right to photograph public places thus allowing photographers to enjoy their hobby without officious interference or unjustified suspicion.

Re: Lobby your MP, you Brits-

Come on now we're British, you don't expect us to actually do anything when we're faced with the most ridiculous laws?

How does it go?....

Thugg (Government) - "I wanna kick your head in mate"

Average British citizen - "Oh, that's absolutely fine, where would you like me to place my head?"

Dave,
    We ain't all wusses!
    I'm ENGLISH not british ( half the planet crawl out of the back of an H.G.V. at the first motorway services it stops at and become british), so I'm gonna contact MY M.P. Sod Europe, sod Africa, sod the rest, it's time to reclaim OUR country.
    Pete.

joseph

Good for you-
    Its a thorny subject alright,
    but good to see the English embracing the principles of Subsidiarity at last-

However, the Early Day Motion is being tabled in Westminster, which is still the parliament for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland-
    but I suppose there'd be no harm in tabling a similar motion in the English Parliament too-

It really is just a matter of time until the secession of Cornwall and Yorkshire, at this rate-

Regarding the HGV-
    I refuse to be drawn into such an obvious side track-

The motion is a good one, and is designed to promote greater awareness of the value of photography- but it isn't going to be helped by petty national posturing-

Alright, I'm Irish, I shouldn't say anymore-
    I'll get my coat...

j

Joseph,
    Don't wind me up any more. England, as you well know, is the only bit of The British Isles without its own parliment. Even The Isle of Man has a parliment, and its not much bigger than a postage stamp. You better get Rockall back quickly before thats given its own parliment and the penguins (or whatever) claim the Irish Sea for themselves.
    There' s quite a bit about the motion in this weeks A.P. On the basis of the government warning anybody using a L.F. camera is gonna look suspicious so we've got no chance!
    Pete.

I thought by obliterating the lounge from sight and mind that I might finally be freed from this type of vile racist outpouring........ Is there a facility for obliterating individuals from sight and mind?

Sincerely
    kev

Kev,
    Never mind all that, are you going to write to your M.P. (the one in London)? To quote the government poster shown in A.P. it states "thousands of people take photos every day, what if one of them seems odd", so I'm standing in a public place with a big wooden camera on a very sturdy tripod and a cloth over my head.............what chance of not appearing odd do I have?

Write 'my' MP ...........My time would be better spent appealing to Santa to see if he could bring back some of the civil rights thats been dragged from under all our feet. Regardless of this motion..........The guy that tabled it, is a fully paid up functionary of a Party that has been pivotal in eroding basic democratic rights for over a decade...... Anyway.... I'm just gonna see if the Big Bad Wolf will mind the children while I go out and catch the sunset...