Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other boards for Chamonix 45N-1

Re: Other boards for Chamonix 45N-1

Hi!

I use Chamonix and Toyo boards on my F1.

Cheers

I bought a "Luland" board to use with my Nikkor 210mm in Copal 1 and it works perfectly on my 045-N1.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Buck View Post
    I've used linhof, wista, nikon, and toyoview boards on mine with no problems. For giggles I tried a large 360mm lens in a copal 3 shutter, the shutter hit the front standard and wouldn't completely lock in. Other than that, everything has fit just fine.
    I had a similar problem with my 300mm Fujinon. Last year I bought some generic #3 boards from a Chinese manufacturer and the lens worked like a charm. It may have to do with positioning of the hole on the board.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    I had a similar problem with my 300mm Fujinon. Last year I bought some generic #3 boards from a Chinese manufacturer and the lens worked like a charm. It may have to do with positioning of the hole on the board.
    The Technika boards have a hole positioned so the optical center of the lens is centered on the film when all controls are at the 0 position. However this hole position will with some longer, 240 and up - non tele design or process lens design, may not allow the board to latch on a Technika. So for those lenses Linhof supplies special boards with a repositioned hole to allow these lens boards to latch properly. These boards have a z after their catalog number. Z for zentral.

@phillip2446, all the lens boards mentioned here are in the current Linhof Technika IV/V/Master style. The only camera I know of that takes the older Technika III lens boards is... the Linhof Technika III.

Beware of Chinese copies. Back when bought 3 different ones because the prices were just too low to pass over trying... one fit, the other two didn't because the raised ring on the back of the board was too large for the Chamonix. Had to ground down the raised ring on those two boards in order to mount them on my Chamonix. Cost savings weren't worth it in the end.... IMO OEM Chamonix boards are worth using... in the end they represent maybe on a fraction of the price of the lens to be mounted on them.
    Greg

Chinese copy of what though? Chamonix boards are made in China, as are Shen-Hao boards, so essentially they are Chinese "copies" of Linhof-style boards.

I've said it before, but, the one time I ordered a number of boards from a common eBay seller, they all came marked Shen-Hao. They were all made well and fit my Chamonix perfectly. The only board I've ever had a problem with was a Wista board that was a bit too wide. I have other Wista boards that work fine though. I have also successfully used boards by Toyo, Nikon, Gaoersi, and of course Linhof.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome