Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gnassgear ripoff

Re: Gnassgear ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Black View Post
    The way your situation is being treated isn't right, and I agree that you have a right to be upset. However, I would be very surprised if Gnass was being deliberately dishonest. In my experience, I would bet that he is just being a bit flaky, but that he will come through in the end. All of my orders have been flawless.
    A bit flaky when he hasn't returned money sent to him last September? There comes a point where it's just a matter of semantics whether someone is a bit flaky or a bit crooked - the end result is the same for the buyer. There are some people about whom you never hear a complaint - Keith Canham, Dick Phillips, and Jim Andrecki come to mind. Then there are those fortunately few about whom you hear constant complaints. Deal with the former, avoid the latter. This guy is one of the latters.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Something out of the ordinary must have happened to Justin Gnass.

Just wish we had a way of knowing what.

I don't know if I was just lucky, but each of the four orders I placed with them (2 or 3 years ago) went through without a hitch and I received my stuff quickly.

The quality and design of this stuff is second to none ...

When I ordered a case a few years back it took a long time, and there was something going on about him moving and the phone was disconnected, etc., but I finally got the case after a few months. I would suggest hanging in there.
    His cases are top notch quality.

If he's slow OK, but maybe he should charge the CC when he ships, not when he accepts the order. I posted the info as a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bose View Post
    I don't know if I was just lucky, but each of the four orders I placed with them (2 or 3 years ago) went through without a hitch and I received my stuff quickly.

The quality and design of this stuff is second to none ...
    Have to agree with Ron's comments above... however, I agree with the idea that sellers should NOT post a charge until the item is ready to be shipped.

It also makes good business sense to keep people informed as to production/delivery issues (much to Dave Parker's credit) since buyers "look forward to" receiving their purchases. If there is a creditable explanation, people tend to be more forgiving. Few people will deliberately choose to deal with sellers who have bad reputations!

When I ordered my cases... Justin promised they'd be delivered by a specified date. In spite of the package having to cross the border (and being subject to the routine Customs treatment) the cases arrived right on schedule!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, the GnassGear online store has been temporarily suspended."

Something is afoot. Dunno.

Some may have said the same about Dave Parker recently when tragic circumstances forced a halt to his business. He was vocal of everything that happened, maybe this guy isn't so forthcoming with the bad news.

We'll see. Don't hang him before the jury's say so.

My Business has not come to a halt....let me make that clear, I am still producing glass virtually every day, we ended up behind a power curve with the many things that have happened over the last 3/4 of a year(I just recently was released from the hospital again, due to surgery to repair my back that was broke in September), and yes, I have refunded some orders..I agree, the customer needs to continue to be informed about what is going on, but understand that sometimes, depending on circumstances can be difficult, when you have personal problems, situations or tragedy happen in your life, that is one of the last things you think about. One thing many people don't realize, many of us that continue to support the community, do it on a shoestring and prayer, we are the same people as you are, we were simply a person, that couldn't find what we wanted when we went looking and decided to try and find a solution to the situation, and figured somebody else could use that solution.. Most of the time, we are one or two person shops...and like in my case, all products are done by hand...We don't have big bank accounts behind us, we have to charge when an order is taken, in order to help continue the pace of supplies to keep the business running..but again, most of us, didn't start this out as a business...

I agree, Justin, should probably update things a bit more frequently, so people know what is going on, I can say from my own personal experience, the community is very forgiving and understanding, but I can also tell you, it is difficult to disclose personal matters to a group of people that you really don't know except for a few emails and posts on a chat page..I am not making excuses, but I am willing to see what is going on before I condemn someone as a thief, or a crook, or a scam...

I do hope, what ever is going on in his life, continues to get better and he can get back on track...

Dave Parker

Sorry Dave, didn't meant to misrepresent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    ...(I just recently was released from the hospital again, due to surgery to repair my back that was broke in September), and yes, I have refunded some orders..I agree, the customer needs to continue to be informed about what is going on, but understand that sometimes, depending on circumstances can be difficult, when you have personal problems, situations or tragedy happen in your life, that is one of the last things you think about.

I agree, Justin, should probably update things a bit more frequently, so people know what is going on, I can say from my own personal experience, the community is very forgiving and understanding, but I can also tell you, it is difficult to disclose personal matters to a group of people that you really don't know except for a few emails and posts on a chat page..I am not making excuses, but I am willing to see what is going on before I condemn someone as a thief, or a crook, or a scam...

I do hope, what ever is going on in his life, continues to get better and he can get back on track...

Dave Parker
    Hi Dave,

You're absolutely right about how difficult it is to self-disclose. However, I wouldn't request, or expect, a disclosure of ALL of the intimate, personal details involved.

My point was that it's important to just let buyers know the very superficial details of what is holding up delivery of their orders such as, "I'm having some personal issues so I can not be as attentive to details as I normally am."

Or, "we've run out of x-materials so this is holding up our production line."

Or, "we've had a key piece of equipment break down on us."

That's the sort of explanation I was referring to...

Anyway, I hope your recovery is on-track and moving forward successfully...

Best wishes

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!