Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnassgear ripoff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gnassgear ripoff

I ordered a product Sept 07, he charged my Visa, he won't reply to emails and his phone is disconnected. Most Credit card companies won't let you file a dispute after 60 days, mine made an exception. Maybe they will have better luck tracking him down. As far as I'm concerned the guy is a thief.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Re: Gnassgear ripoff

I'm not gonna comment on your post but I will make an observation.

This guy is very strange, he has an excellent product everyone likes, but very lousy management. Obviously he needs to hire a professional.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Ron Wisner?

Heh heh.

I bought two Gnass lens cases (4x5 and 8x10) from Photomark last week; they still have a couple if anybody might be interested.
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

Strange is OK, but take my money and run is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Strange is OK, but take my money and run is another story.
    It's called theft. I returned a camera case to him once because it was grossly over sized for its intent. It took four phone calls for him to reverse the charge - this after I was told it would happen automatically upon the items return.

The way your situation is being treated isn't right, and I agree that you have a right to be upset. However, I would be very surprised if Gnass was being deliberately dishonest. In my experience, I would bet that he is just being a bit flaky, but that he will come through in the end. All of my orders have been flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Black View Post
    The way your situation is being treated isn't right, and I agree that you have a right to be upset. However, I would be very surprised if Gnass was being deliberately dishonest. In my experience, I would bet that he is just being a bit flaky, but that he will come through in the end. All of my orders have been flawless.
    A bit flaky when he hasn't returned money sent to him last September? There comes a point where it's just a matter of semantics whether someone is a bit flaky or a bit crooked - the end result is the same for the buyer. There are some people about whom you never hear a complaint - Keith Canham, Dick Phillips, and Jim Andrecki come to mind. Then there are those fortunately few about whom you hear constant complaints. Deal with the former, avoid the latter. This guy is one of the latters.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

If he's slow OK, but maybe he should charge the CC when he ships, not when he accepts the order. I posted the info as a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering from him.

I've heard a lot of complaints about this guy...enough that I wouldn't take the risk.