Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gnassgear ripoff

Re: Gnassgear ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by vann webb View Post
    "Due to unforeseen circumstances, the GnassGear online store has been temporarily suspended."

Something is afoot. Dunno.
    That has been up since last October as I remember it and never updated.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sorry Dave, didn't meant to misrepresent.
    No Problems on this end Ash!

Dave

I feel fortunate that I only lost $90. I am completely perplexed as to how easy it is to just communicate (as did Dave Parker - thanks by the way) as we are a very forgiving and understanding group. Yet these jokers decide to do nothing like they expect that ignoring their responsibilities as business owners will make the problem go away.

He had a good gig going and he pissed it away. Wonder what happened and what he is doing to make a living?

Onward!

Well, I only lost $37.90 to Dave Parker's business, and I've been out on the internet long enough to have to snigger cruelly when I read personal stories about sellers failing to deliver the goods.

I had /everything/ from sellers; from "the dog ate the lens" to multiple accidents, rare illnesses, dreadful family troubles and various other personal ailments (or any combination of these, depending on the week). However the Dog one is personal favourite.

Yeah and yes, I asked a couple of times -- I expected to wait after all, after the previous order--, and he asked for the payment details about 2 month ago after I mentioned it here, and I never heard anything again afterward...
    Oh no it's not a lot of money, but I understand the OP feelings very well. Note that I don't throw large stones any way either, I've got a very long turnabout too, but at least I don't claim to be a business...

Date: 06/05/2007 18:23
    Payment Details
    -----------------------------------

Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Item Price: $24.95 USD
    Total Postage: $12.95 USD
    Total: $37.90 USD
    Order Description: 8 X 10 Satin Snow(TM) Ground Glass Inter
    Item/Product Number: GG8x10I
    The following options were included with this payment: Clipped Corners: Clipped Corners-Yes
    Clip Corner Size: 1/2 Clip

Buyer: Michael Pollet
    Message: Hi! I'm very happy with my 4x5 SS glass (even if it took.. errr... many months to arrive!) on my Crown Graphic.
    In any case this glass is for my Tachihara 8x10 double-bellows.
    I think the cut corners are 1/2", but being metric myself, I'm only partly sure about it...
    Please keep me posted as to when this one could ship... I hope it's not another multi-months wait

Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    Well, I only lost $37.90 to Dave Parker's business, and I've been out on the internet long enough to have to snigger cruelly when I read personal stories about sellers failing to deliver the goods.

I had /everything/ from sellers; from "the dog ate the lens" to multiple accidents, rare illnesses, dreadful family troubles and various other personal ailments (or any combination of these, depending on the week). However the Dog one is personal favourite.

Yeah and yes, I asked a couple of times -- I expected to wait after all, after the previous order--, and he asked for the payment details about 2 month ago after I mentioned it here, and I never heard anything again afterward...
    Oh no it's not a lot of money, but I understand the OP feelings very well. Note that I don't throw large stones any way either, I've got a very long turnabout too, but at least I don't claim to be a business...
    Buze,

I did send you a PM back, apparently you didn't get it, I will refund your purchase, and I am sorry, you feel this way. By the way, your message was sent to me on the 6th of February, not two months ago..

Now one question I would like to ask everyone, WHY in the hell is it always the sellers fault, I have lost so god damn many orders due to the various postal services around the world it is not funny, but most don't want the "Excuse" that something may have happened..I sell a product at about $12.00 on average, and the 8x10 costs $25.00 and the shipping with insurance and tracking to just England can be $30.00 and I always get WOW that is to much, then I am expected to make another screen and ship it, because many customers don't want to pay the price to have the product shipped to them in a manner that will ensure we can figure out what the hell happened to it if it gets lost..

Again, Buze, I will send you a refund, and you will BE out nothing.

Dave

Michael, a refund has been sent in the amount of $37.90 US, you should receive an email letting you know that, so you have lost nothing, but a bit of your time.

Good Day..

Dave

Thanks Dave, got the notice etc. Note that I wasn't particularly pushy on you -- as I said, I just can't be the one to throw the first tone on this topic --; I waited about 6 months to get my first SS order, so I was already half-disillusioned when I ordered that one 10 months ago as my message pointed out...
    I'm certainly glad I ordered an Ebay-seller glass and it arrived in the same week tho, "just in case"... Otherwise I'd have my 8x10 sitting glassless up to.. well... now.

I mentioned before, a long time ago, that your product was too cheap. Now I understand why of course but well, you'd make more money /out of the same amount of work/ if you just got a local kid keepping track of that persky ordering thing for you....

Buze,

I am glad you got the notice...Where I live, there are no local kids to take care of anything.

In the future, I will NO longer ship any international shipments with out Insurance and tracking, period, I have had so many tell me they never got there order, that it is getting ridiculous, I can't believe that 6% of my international orders don't arrive at their destinations, that is unacceptable, I have sold 35K screens in the last 4 years, 46% of them have been to international destinations, and 6% of them have claimed to never arrive..That is close to 1000 screens that are claimed to be "lost" I have a very difficult time accepting that, I have never once questioned anyone, either domestic or international, I make a new screen and ship it, period..But I can no longer do this, If you don't want to pay the shipping costs from the US with insurance and tracking, then I would suggest you get a hold of Geert in Belgium, as this may be an easier way to go, with less costs involved.

I am sorry to everyone that I said the "Dog ate my homework" But I have to draw a line somewhere..

Dave

Just wanted to post an apology to anyone that I may have offended last evening, I did get a bit irritated and reading back through this, I imagine, I might have offended some, again, I am sorry.

Dave

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

Hi Dave;
    I do not think you need to apologize at all. I have a mail order business too, and my experience is EXACTLY the same as yours. Unless you ship expedited/express/whatever, about 10% of my shipments get "lost" outside USA or Canada.

Or damaged. Always damaged, and then people want a full refund or exchange or whatever. The shipping company, regardless of insurance, provides proof they were not reponsible, so I am stuck in the saddle so to speak.

not fun at all.
    joe
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?