Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March/April View Camera Magazine out?

March/April View Camera Magazine out?

Did anybody receive the March/April issue of the View Camera Magazine in the mail yet?

Re: March/April View Camera Magazine out?

They do not appear until about the first of the second month of the issue period.

Quite frankly, this is a silly question to keep asking here. Why would you not call the magazine?

Actually, I am flattered that people do ask. They are on the way, I promise.

This issiue has 8 bonus pages as our way of apologizing for the printing problems with the last issue where the printer did not use the corrected pages. The issue includes a portfolio of Robert Polidori images, articles on paper for digital printing, a review of the Chamonix 4x5, more of the 7x17 project including a mistake I made in exposing and developing a neg and how it looks as a result of this mistake, plus more. Feedback is always appreciated.

steve simmons

Quite frankly, this is a silly question to keep asking here. Why would you not call the magazine?
    Because i am silly and because Steve has gone home for the day but spend his evening here.

Steve, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post

This issiue has 8 bonus pages as our way of apologizing for the printing problems with the last issue where the printer did not use the corrected pages. The issue includes a portfolio of Robert Polidori images, articles on paper for digital printing, a review of the Chamonix 4x5, more of the 7x17 project including a mistake I made in exposing and developing a neg and how it looks as a result of this mistake, plus more. Feedback is always appreciated.

steve simmons
    Steve -- did you contact my printer? He does AMAZING work and has a huge passion for fine art photography. You're not still with the same printer who does B&W Magazine, Publisher's Press, are you? I had such difficulty with them and their reproduction standards, or lack thereof. They could've cared less.

Quote Originally Posted by FocusMag View Post
    Steve -- did you contact my printer? He does AMAZING work and has a huge passion for fine art photography. You're not still with the same printer who does B&W Magazine, Publisher's Press, are you? I had such difficulty with them and their reproduction standards, or lack thereof. They could've cared less.
    Perhaps "They couldn't have cared less." would makes more sense?

steve simmons
    Does anyone else notice that Steve is NEVER responsible for errors in his magazine: it's always someone else? Thanks for (nothing) the apology, but no thanks. How about trying to achieve the quality that Lenswork achieves. I cannot remember a spelling error in Lenswork, missing pages, etc., etc. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline Matthews View Post
    Does anyone else notice that Steve is NEVER responsible for errors in his magazine: it's always someone else? Thanks for (nothing) the apology, but no thanks.
    ! I simply stopped subscribing two years ago.
    This issiue has... more of the 7x17 project including a mistake I made in exposing and developing a neg and how it looks as a result of this mistake, plus more. steve simmons
    I really can't imagine how satisfying it must be for readers to pay good money to look at mistakes either...

Sorry to hear that Don.

I've just taken out a subscription to Viewcamera, having missed picking up a copy of Viewcamera from a store for the past year.

The Viewcamera ethos and principles are more interesting for me: perhaps that is why, the spelling errors are inconsequential. Unlike other publications which are grammatically precise yet aesthetically hollow.

Kind regards,

RJ

Here is what I said when I realized there were problems with the last issue

As the publisher the buck stops at my desk and I do apologize.

With regards to the mistake in exposing and developing the one neg from the 7x17 project in the March issue, I included it intentionally to show what happens when the exposure and developing are not done correctly and to show that PS is not a fixit for a badly done negative. It would be the same result if trying to print a neg on a paper that is not matched to the film's densities Sometimes looking at mistakes will show more than always looking at something done correctly. This is a teaching series and I don't mind showing my mistakes.

steve simmons