Thread: Instant Fuji Film on Polaroid Back+Kodak Readyload

Instant Fuji Film on Polaroid Back+Kodak Readyload

Now that Polaroid has discontinued the production of their films , and the price will soon go up sky, I'm trying to find a another way of using my Polaroid back. I know Fuji still do Instant film and... sorry if I'm being stupid but can I use Fuji on my 545 Polaroid back ?
    The guy who sold me the camera also gave me a Kodak Readyload Packet Film Holder which I've never used before. I believe is for normal film but even though I'd aprecciate if someone would know how to use it...

Thanks a lot !
    Mauricio Sapata
    www.mauriciosapata.com

Re: Instant Fuji Film on Polaroid Back+Kodak Readyload

Quote Originally Posted by sapata View Post
    Now that Polaroid has discontinued the production of their films , and the price will soon go up sky, I'm trying to find a another way of using my Polaroid back. I know Fuji still do Instant film and... sorry if I'm being stupid but can I use Fuji on my 545 Polaroid back ?
    The guy who sold me the camera also gave me a Kodak Readyload Packet Film Holder which I've never used before. I believe is for normal film but even though I'd aprecciate if someone would know how to use it...

Thanks a lot !

Here is the info you need.

The Fuji line of instant film is "PACK" film. You have to use a Pack Film back. Both Polaroid and Fuji make these, although Polaroids is discontinued. You cannot use Fuji in the Polaroid back designed for the individual 4x5 sheets such as type 55, and type 79.

The Pack film backs are inserted under the ground glass just like the sheet film backs are, or if you have a Graflok back, you can take the ground glass off and attach the pack film back in place of it.

Fuji 4x5 pack film, comes in 10 sheet packs in ISO 100 b/w or color, and ISO 3000 b/w. The pack film back has a darkslide, so you can attach and remove the back from the camera at will.

The readyload type backs from both Kodak and Fuji cannot be used with any instant-developing film because they do not have the processing rollers needed to process the instant films.

Both Kodak and Fuji make some of their most popular 4x5 films available in "readyload" type packaging, so you can use your Readyload back for conventional films in individual sheets. Some photographers prefer this method rather than loading normal double-dark slide 4x5 holders, although the film is more expensive in readyload configurations.

Re: Instant Fuji Film on Polaroid Back+Kodak Readyload

Thank you !
    I guess my Polaroid back will became a sort of museum item though... time to find a Fuji back...
    Mauricio Sapata
    www.mauriciosapata.com