I'm sorry to sound like a noob but I have searched extensively without really getting very far.

I'm an experienced photographer with a mostly 35mm and latterly digital background but am working on a project that requires me to capture at the best possible quality. The first part of the job has been done on a Leica M8 and though with care its files print to 24 x 36, I might well want some larger and even at that size I crave better detail and smoother gradations.

I have therefore purchased a Wista 5 x 4 field camera and started shooting, though have yet to get enough frames to have a batch developed, which I will have done by a reputable pro shop.

I print to an HPZ3100 and use Ilford Gallerie Gold Fibre, though have recently been experimenting with Harman gloss FB AI. In any event they are baryta papers and I am extremely happy with their look, feel and smell for this largely B&W project.

I know that for very large, exhibition quality prints I am going to have to get my LF negs drum scanned. My question (phew!) is:

For prints to 24 x 36" can I get very high quality (subjective I know, so let's say, quality that YOU would happily exhibit in a professional context) from a flatbed?

My proposed workflow is to get the film developed by a third party, then scan for proofing purposes myself using a yet-to-be-purchased Epson V750 or Microtek M1/F1. Which of these is likely to give the best results for my needs? And will either give good enough results for my exhibition purposes?

Sorry again for being a noob. All help very gratefully received!

Tim