Thread: I Received My LF Camera

I Received My LF Camera

Ok, today the postman delivered my new LF camera for me. It came with 2 lens boards, one regular 4x4 board and the other is a 4x4 recessed board. My question is, how do I determine the size of the lens hole?

God Bless,
    David

Re: I Received My LF Camera

I'm not really sure what you mean but, generally speaking, Copal #0 shutters fit in a 1-3/8 inch (~35mm) diameter hole and Copal #1 and Synchro-Compur shutters fit in a 1-5/8 inch (~42mm) diameter hole.

Dave Karp

This chart will tell you the lensboard hole sizes for a variety of shutters: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ole_sizes.html

Thank you all for your help so far. I think what I am trying to ask is how can I determine what size lens hole I currently have with my current boards. I have a set of calipers that can measure ID's of circles. If I find the measurement of the current hole, is there a conversion factor that says "X in inches or cm = a 35 hole board, 42 board"? I hope I have made this a little more clear.

God Bless,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by seabee1999 View Post
    Thank you all for your help so far. I think what I am trying to ask is how can I determine what size lens hole I currently have with my current boards. I have a set of calipers that can measure ID's of circles. If I find the measurement of the current hole, is there a conversion factor that says "X in inches or cm = a 35 hole board, 42 board"? I hope I have made this a little more clear.

God Bless,
    David
    David,

There are 25.4mm per inch. So the 35mm board will be 1.377 (~1 3/8ths) inches and the 42mm board will be 1.65 (~1 5/8ths) inches. Anyone else out there please correct me if I'm wrong.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kathe View Post
    David,

There are 25.4mm per inch. So the 35mm board will be 1.377 (~1 3/8ths) inches and the 42mm board will be 1.65 (~1 5/8ths) inches. Anyone else out there please correct me if I'm wrong.

Scott
    Cool, that is what I was hoping on hearing. I wasn't sure if a lens board which states it is a 35 was in metric statement or some funky American standard type measuement. That helps me out a lot. Thank you Scott.

God Bless,
    David