Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Area LF Outings - March 8th & 15th

NYC Area LF Outings - March 8th & 15th

Hi all,

There will be a group of us taking pictures in the NYC area on the next 2 Saturdays.

The first outing will be Saturday, March 8th, at Coney Island.

We will meet at the entrance of the New York Aquarium at 9:00am.

The aquarium entrance is located at the corner of Surf Avenue and West 8th Street.
    You can park all day in the Aquarium parking lot for ~$10 or you can sometimes find
    free parking across the street.

I am picking Alan up at Penn Station and have room for one or two more. Call or PM me if you need a ride.

If you get there later in the day, just call my cell (1-917-940-7510) to meet up.

The next picture taking outing will be to Passaic County, New Jersey on Saturday, March 15th. Specifically, we will meet at the Passaic (Great) Falls in Paterson in the morning. We can then go to the Long Pond Ironworks and the Ringwood Manor if time permits.

The Passaic (Great) Falls are in Paterson, NJ. The adjacent area has a few interesting
    places to shoot besides the falls. We could stay in this area in the morning and move to the Ringwood area in the afternoon. The Long Pond Iron Works is near Ringwood, and there are several manors in Ringwood including the Ringwood Manor.

Paterson is about a 40 minute drive from Manhattan.

We can meet at the parking lot in Overlook Park (72 McBride Avenue Ext, Paterson,
    New Jersey) at 9:00am.

I have room in my car for 2 additional people from Manhattan if you need a ride.

George Tice is known for his photos of Paterson and the Great Falls if you want
    to see examples of what we will be shooting.

The Long Pond Iron Works was a foundry that was used in the 1700's through the
    Civil War. There are ruins of the original foundry and old buildings throughout
    the property.

The Manors are open to the public and have interesting landscapes and gardens.

The following websites have some additional information:

http://www.passaiccountynj.org/histo...ttractions.htm
    http://www.longpondironworks.org/
    http://www.teterboro-online.com/scen...1/falls2.shtml

These outings are open to anyone who is interested in taking pictures or just hanging out. We have people coming from NYC, NJ, upstate NY, PA and CT.

Hope to see you there,

Pete

Re: NYC Area LF Outings - March 8th & 15th

as usual i will be there! i am going to try and arrive a bit early cause i got to leave at about 3pm. so if any of you early birds are out getting the worm let me know. i will shoot for 8am.

the guys in Ca are having nude models and free beer! can we compete with that? maybe we can just lie about it!

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

tim810

I heard that the models are male nudes and that is why the beer is free.

Just thought I would try and make you feel better eddie!!!
    Last edited by tim810; 4-Mar-2008 at 06:30. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    as usual i will be there! i am going to try and arrive a bit early cause i got to leave at about 3pm. so if any of you early birds are out getting the worm let me know. i will shoot for 8am.

the guys in Ca are having nude models and free beer! can we compete with that? maybe we can just lie about it!

eddie
    Eddie, you don't mind take little bit cloth off, do you?

Let's say if we have enough Chamonix here in the east, maybe we also can ask some help from the factory to pay the beer tab.

I AM FREE! be warned. i am able to stay all day into the night! so now i can enjoy all that free beer!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

So far we have a good turnout projected for both outings.

For Coney Island:

Eddie, Thandar, Alec, Alex, Arthur, Bruce, Robert, Alan, and Tim are going. A few more might come. Did I miss anyone?

I will be giving a ride to Alan and Tim (and friend) from Manhattan.

The only problem could be the weather. Heavy rain is predicted for Saturday.

The weathermen have got it wrong a few times so I think we should wait (until Friday pm) before making any decisions.

I think it would be a good idea to exchange cell #'s again. If you pm me, I will get the numbers to everyone.

It would be a lot of fun shooting larger format in the rain

The weather man was wrong last Sat. Let's see if this time they can get it right.

If it's rains, we go for plan B, which is go inside and shoot naked Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wei View Post
    It would be a lot of fun shooting larger format in the rain

The weather man was wrong last Sat. Let's see if this time they can get it right.

If it's rains, we go for plan B, which is go inside and shoot naked Eddie
    be careful what you wish for! i am not as young and fit as i once was!!!!

just be warned that if you cancel this outing it will NOT rain for sure!

eddie

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

tim810

I definitly do not want to shoot naked eddie!! MY # is (860)634-0692. I will call you pete tomorrow night.
    Cheers
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Roody View Post
    The only problem could be the weather. Heavy rain is predicted for Saturday.

The weathermen have got it wrong a few times so I think we should wait (until Friday pm) before making any decisions.
    Please post here friday night or saturday morning (before 8am) whether the meeting is still on.