Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light Impressions?

Re: Light Impressions?

I am going through hell right now with them trying to get a Westminster DuoTone mat board order right. They keep cutting it in the wrong direction!

Does anyone know of an alternate source for this special DuoTone mat board? I like the 6 ply and the two tone colors in the bevel - but dealing with LI to get it is getting ridiculous. I may have to go back to cutting it myself to keep using it.

For mats, Nielsen frames and plexi I switched to Americanframe.com in Toledo, OH. They often cut mats to spec and ship next day. For me, just south of Cleveland, that means one day shipping.

John

I love their clear plastic sleeves for mounted prints, and their mylar sleeves for 8x10. Lately, getting mat board has been an issue. I have a $200+ order that has been on back order for a couple of weeks now. I love their products.....but the order I put into American Frame got here in full and in three days.

But they don't sell the sleeves and negative envelopes, so I guess I stick with LI for those.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Try clearbags.com for the print sleeves - more sizes than you could imagine!

Arthur, check out Talas on 20th Street (talas-nyc.com). They're great for mat board and storage boxes/bags (as well all kinds of fun book making, archival storage and art restoration supplies). They'll also custom make boxes (and bags?) in the sizes you need/want.

For frames, the frame shops at Pearl Paint or the Third Avenue Art Supply are fairly good. Pearl is good for plexi, too. The plastic shops on Canal street are even better. They've got great selection and will cut it down to whatever size you need.

I only order items I can't get other places which is very rare. Service was poor, orders wrong, prices are high and shipping was extremely slow.