Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light Impressions?

Light Impressions?

Hello All,
    Does anyone use this company from matt board, negative/photo sleeves and or frames? Their prices seem reasonable. Any thoughts on this or other internet stores any of you have used would be great.
    Thanks
    Arthur

Re: Light Impressions?

I abandoned them 2 years ago for poor customer service, lots of stuff non in stock and because they would charge me a fee for personally going to pick up material at their will call facility.
    I now use Larson&Juhl for mat boards, frames and such and Freestyle for others items.

There are many other companies that give better service and lower prices o the same goods.

For framing supplies I use www.framingsupplies.com

For negative and transparency sleeves usually Midwest Photo www.mpex.com

Eric Biggerstaff

I continue to use them but their customer service has become rather spotty.

I know several people who are now buying mat board from PrintFile, they have an on line site.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

I've purchased negative and print storage materials from Light Impressions for many years, but their performance has become erratic over the last few years. They're often out of stock for extended periods on non-exotic items, and if you order through their website there's no warning about stock status.

I've started to cast my net a bit wider and have recently bought from Print File, Hollinger and University Products. The University Products website is difficult to use; it's less confusing to get their very extensive print catalog and order by phone.

In fairness to Light Impressions, they were sold - the founder, Bill Edwards, is a first class guy and "in the day" they were great (I am a former employee).

I've been doing business with them for years, and even visited their shop "back in the day" when they were located in Rochester. I've been very pleased with their Westminster conservation board, their archival boxes, and other items that I've bought from them.

But I do sense that they are "more commercial" today than before the company was sold and moved to LaLa land.

I have used them for over twenty years and still attempt to be a loyal customer. However, with so many items on backorder, it is becoming more difficult to support them. My current order for Westminster mat board is now approaching five weeks, and with a deadline for my next exhibit, I may be forced to find an alternative supplier. The price has never been an issue, but delivery time is very important. Their products, in my opinion, are of excellent quality as is their selection. I wish them continued success.

The old Light Impressions store in Rochester is now called "Lumiere Photo", owne d by the Bill Edwards Frank mentions above. They are a Light Impressions dealer, and they have at least the kind of board I want in stock. Might be worth checking them out if you want their stuff and the parent company is being unresponsive.

Calumet also stocks the Light Impressions Westminster mat board.

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com