Thread: Kelty Camera Backpack

Kelty Camera Backpack

I am pleased to announce the pending arrival of the RPT/Kelty Photo Redwing. After a year of collaboration, design and prototyping, the order is placed and the packs will soon arrive. I am taking advanced orders for those planning spring trips. These packs will be air freighted in with a planned arrival for the P1 model of March 17-22, 2008. The P2, featuring Kelty's top-of-the-line suspension and belt will arrive a month later.

These packs feature:

• Full front panel opening for complete access to your kit.
    • Squared-off shoulders for more useable room
    • Now 8X10 systems will fit even with 6" lensboards!
    • Integrated rain cover/field drop cloth that stows in its own zippered pouch.
    • Tripod mounting system
    • Upgraded Redwing suspension for the P1 and Kelty's top-of-the-line Cloudlock suspension (as used on the Kelty Coyote and Redcloud) for the Redwing P2.
    • Optional, detachable side pockets which will each hold 2 boxes of readiloads, 8 4X5 film holders or 5 5X7 film holders.
    • Mesh pockets on the inside of the main panel opening.
    • Expanded exterior front pocket that will hold up to 4 8X10 film holders, jacket, rain gear or anything else you would like to haul.
    • The P2's Cloudlock suspension is another step up the scale from the standard Redwing and has a solid, sag-free suspension for torso lengths ranging from 16" to 21". This is the first short-torso offering that does not decrease the pack capacity.

Images and details available by following this link:

http://www.photobackpacker.com/images/p1/p1d.html

The P1 Packs ordered through March 7th will be air-freighted in and I expect will ship to you no later than March 24. After that, I will have a limited supply until the surface P1 surface shipment arrives in late April.

Please feel free to email me with questions at brucel@photobackpacker.com
    Bruce

Re: Kelty Camera Backpack

I'm interested - prices?

Looks like a great addition to the line Bruce. I may have to upgrade from my 3100. How do the internal dimensions compare 3100 vs. RPT?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I'm -really- interested...this looks perfect for me. Can you comment on the volume/capacity compared to the 3100 pack that I previously bought? I love the photobackpacker system, but have been wishing the 3100 had just slightly more room.

Thanks!

The price on the P1 pack is 129.99 without the side pockets. The side pockets are 19.95 each. If you buy the side pockets with the pack, you get 2 for the price of one - $149.99 for all.

The P1 and P2 have been measured by Kelty as 3500 cu inches. The expanded size of the external front panel pocket also adds capacity. The pack has 1" greater depth (2" of tube girth) than the 3100 and squared-off shoulders. This has a dramatic impact on the capacity.

Pricing for the P2 has not yet been set. I am expecting the pre-production sample this week and with that will get my final cost numbers.

Thanks for your interest.

Bruce
    Bruce