Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Gathering in New Hampshire

Re: A Gathering in New Hampshire

Hi Ted,

Just confirmed it with the Ms and I am good to show. Just a thought, will there be a little show and tell sort of thing, maybe no more than 5 prints each or something like it.

Robert in MA

Thanks to all who came yesterday. A grand time was had by all. We had over thirty folks. Gary Samson took a 12x20 group shot late in the day. Richard Ritter had his 7x17 and 8x10 on display. John Layton had his latest prototype to look at ... and his great pizzas. Of course, there were also all manner of other cameras around from a Chamonix 4x5 to Hany's Phillips Compact I. Lots of shooting, some scanning, good food and good company. Some beautiful prints on display (thanks Paul Wainwright, Ken Lee, Michael Graves and others ... and thanks to Bruce Barlow for the print racks). Special thanks to Michael Alpert for copies of his beautiful book.

Gary and I really enjoyed ourselves and know ya'll did too. It was a wonderful gathering. Final and special thanks to Amy who kept the food and drink flowing, made the yummy pasta and Brownies. We'll do it again.

I was s'posed to bring Brownies, but my dog ate them while I was in the shower. A whole new meaning to "Chocolate Lab," which he happens to be without snacking on forbidden items. Fortunately, he seems none the worse for wear except for a bulge in his belly and a sugar buzz.

So, yeah, Jorge, I was a little grumpy, because I wasn't sure if I was going to come home to a dead dog poisoned by chocolate. Good news so far, though.

His nickname used to be "Bonehead," but I think that's changed to "Ironbelly."

A fun gathering, and great to link faces to names I see here. Special thanks to Ted's wife Amy for all her hard work, tasty chow, and good cheer.
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Great location, great weather, great hosts !

Hey, Ken, that sorta looks like Ted...
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

And, gulp, focusing a Rollei.

You mean that's not a View Camera ?

Oh... I thought Rollei managed to squeeze a complete 20x24 rig inside that thing !

wfwhitaker

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    ...Gary Samson took a 12x20 group shot late in the day...
    Gary,

Hope you'll post a scan of that image when you get it done. Sure would like to see it. Bet some other folks would, too.

Attached is FYI... please feel free to share as appropriate.

Thanks,
    Amy

Ted Harris (1942-2008)

(Attached photos by Ken Lee – April 19, 2008)

A time for family and friends
    to remember and celebrate Ted
    will be held at our home,
    920 NH Route 4A, Enfield, NH,
    on Saturday, May 17, 2008, at noon.

Please send RSVP’s, questions, calls for help on logistics, etc., to Amy at tedharris@mac.com, or call 603-632-9193.

Directions: Take I89 to Exit 17, and follow 4 East toward Enfield to the junction of Routes 4 and 4A. Take the right fork onto 4A South and drive along Lake Mascoma for about 4.5 miles. At about 2 miles, you will see the LaSalette Shrine on your right and the Shaker Village on your left. Next major milestone is a big red barn on your right (sometimes sheep grazing out back). 50 yards past the barn is dirt road/driveway. “920” is nailed to a tree and there is a road sign for the next intersection and a boat put-in sign (if you hit Shaker Hill Road on your left, back up 100 feet). Turn right into the driveway and take the immediate left fork winding up the hill. You'll see the house and barn as you get around the last turn.

Donations in Ted’s memory would be appreciated in lieu of flowers.

I had the opportunity to post this on APUG this morning in connection with a "New England" post over there, and thought I'd do the same here:

I'm posting to ask the folks here in New England if they would come visit our place in Enfield again to see and inspect the equipment for sale from his collection, and buy what they can use. It has to be sold, and I'm thinking of doing a weekend "open house" for the purpose, sometime in late August or early September, after I put the list "out there" in the next 2-3 weeks or so.

I know Ted would be happy knowing that his New England colleagues had the chance to see and consider buying it and putting it back into use... and he was always happy having people here talking about photography, so somehow this feels fitting and useful all the way around.

Any thoughts among our New England friends?

Thanks,
    Amy