I may have asked this question here before and, if so, I apologize. I own an 8x1 0 Deardorff with front swing. When I'm folding the camera up, the metal piece th at constitutes the right side of the front standard (as you face the camera) ten ds to rub against the right side of the bellows. IThis has caused some rub marks to show on the edge of the bellows and I'm concerned that eventually it will we ar a hole in the bellows. The problem can be ameliorated to some extent if the b ack is tilted all the way backwards before folding the front standard but even t hen I have to hold the right side of the front standard away from the bellows wi th my hand while folding the front.

Is this normal with Deardorffs and, if so, how do other owners deal with the pro belm? If it isn't normal, does anyone have any ideas about how to deal with the problem? I'm reluctant to try bending the right side of the front standard away from the bellows for obvious reasons.

P.S. Please don't suggest that I talk with Ken Hough. I'm still unsuccessfully t rying to get him to return a lens board that I sent to him three months ago for some minor work and I can't get a response from him, much less a return of my le ns board even though I'm now just asking that he return the board even if the wo rk hasn't been done. This is a guy who definitely should be avoided.