Thread: opinions on Davis and sanfor heads with 8x10 Horseman

opinions on Davis and sanfor heads with 8x10 Horseman

Hi All,

Anyone have an opinion to share concerning Davis and Sanford heads ( I saw some that are inexpensive and rated at 35lbs.)with a big 8x10 horseman? I intend to buy the bogen 3068 to go with it and I want a head that doesn't scare me (crashing when not looking) and is very stable. Oh, and doesn't cost a fortune. If anyone has a better suggestion then I am certainly open. Lastly, do you think a Berlebach 3032 is a better option for the tripod? Thanks for all your advise.

Sincerely,

Keith
    Sincerely,

Keith

Re: opinions on Davis and sanfor heads with 8x10 Horseman

Hi Keith. I have 2 of them. Of the 2 I like the one that doesn't have the side to side tilt. Both have the massive fore and aft tilt. I have found it sturdy enough to clamp the 7X17 on the table and turn it sideways hanging out in the breeze so to speak for a vertical shot. Plus they have that wonderful feature of the BIG internal spring just waiting to smack someone silly. Of course when you want to rotate the table you always forget and turn that knob which launches the camera like an ejection seat in a jet aircraft. Not that bad but funny to think about. They don't seem to be well loved as far as pricing. I like mine fine.

Thanks Jim. I appreciate the feedback. Nice article in View Camera by the way.

Sincerely,

Keith
    Sincerely,

Keith

I have 2 D&S Prolift tripods with majestic heads, wouldn't trade them for anything, they hold any camera I put on them rock solid. Of course it helps that I was given them, but they're not that expensive on Ebay.

erie

What thread sizes does Davis & Sanford 200S have, on both ends (tripod and camera)?
    I am also thinking about it.