Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
Results 851 to 859 of 859

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

  1. #851
    Peter De Smidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Fond du Lac, WI, USA
    Posts
    5,531

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    The acrylic tray is very easy to scratch, in my experience. Wet mounting inherently leaves some residue. (If you don't believe me, place a drop on a clean sheet of glass and let it dry for a week. You'll see a spot.) Cleaning off the residue would ultimately lead to scratches on the scanning try. Like Guiherme, I use a DIY glass tray for wet mounting. If you're going to wet-mount everything, then it probably doensn't matter, as the new fluid should dissolve whatever was left from teh last time, and you won't need to clean the tray too often.

    I'm really glad that you solved your scsi problem!
    "Why can't we all just get along?" President Dale, Mars Attacks

  2. #852

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Shawcross View Post
    Okay, feeling a bit stupid! It was a bent contact on the cable. I'd inspected it before, but obviously not carefully enough as I had another look under better lighting and sure enough there was one bent contact. Scanner up and running again.

    Which brings me to the next question - I'm thinking about giving wet mount scanning a go. I'm curious to see what it does for dust/scratches as spotting scans is never much fun. It seems like I can try this out with Gamsol and dura-lar sheets as per recommendations of other scanners here without spending a fortune on Aztec supplies. Can I wet mount straight to the the anti newton glass without fear of damaging it, or is that a no-no?
    Sorry for the late reply to your previous connection issue . . .I sent it by direct reply, which went to the site administrator . . .Ooopps!! . .
    This is what I sent . . .
    "Hi . . .
    Before doing a massive erase of all files . . .
    Try and find all the 'SCREEN' and 'ColorGenius' folders & files and erase them . . i.e. not affecting the operating system.
    Then try loading the ColorGenius S/W again . . . ('Preferences' is a bit of a pig when reloading this system . . . ;-)
    Hope it works for you. . . .
    BR, TC
    PS . . Obviously, check the pins of the SCSI cable/socket to ensure they are not damaged . . . "

    This last line looks as though it would've sorted your issue . . .

    I have the 'SCREEN' special trays for holding the 'Wet mounting' holders . . . . Might you be interested in it . . Tray plus holders . . ??
    (Will take some pictures if interested . . . ;-)
    BR, TC

  3. #853

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbounre, Australia
    Posts
    58

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    Quote Originally Posted by TC542 View Post
    I have the 'SCREEN' special trays for holding the 'Wet mounting' holders . . . . Might you be interested in it . . Tray plus holders . . ??
    (Will take some pictures if interested . . . ;-)
    BR, TC
    I'd be quite curious to see what the special tray and wet mounting holders look like as I don't think I've seen them before. Could you post pictures to the thread? However, I'm probably not in the market at this stage to buy them as I'm only planning on experimenting with wet mounting rather than committing to it as a permanent way of scanning (or at least until I'm convinced the gains are worthwhile).

    I do have a glass try of some description that came with the scanner, pictured below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0240.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	178256

    I'm not sure what it is used for, it's just sat in a draw since I've had the scanner - it has some thumb wheels and what looks to be like some steel springs on the right hand side. Maybe I could try wet mounting on this?

  4. #854
    Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    329

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Shawcross View Post
    Maybe I could try wet mounting on this?
    If that is glass, that is great!

  5. #855
    Peter De Smidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Fond du Lac, WI, USA
    Posts
    5,531

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    I've not seen a Screen wet mounting tray, but that looks like a good candidate. If it's glass, then by all means give it a try!
    "Why can't we all just get along?" President Dale, Mars Attacks

  6. #856

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10

    Smile Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Shawcross View Post
    I'd be quite curious to see what the special tray and wet mounting holders look like as I don't think I've seen them before. Could you post pictures to the thread? However, I'm probably not in the market at this stage to buy them as I'm only planning on experimenting with wet mounting rather than committing to it as a permanent way of scanning (or at least until I'm convinced the gains are worthwhile).

    I do have a glass try of some description that came with the scanner, pictured below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0240.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	178256

    I'm not sure what it is used for, it's just sat in a draw since I've had the scanner - it has some thumb wheels and what looks to be like some steel springs on the right hand side. Maybe I could try wet mounting on this?
    Hi . . . I believe this is the clear glass tray that is used for 'Line-Art' scanning. (I will need to double check with my collection. . . .)
    I will post pictures of the 'Standard'/'frosted'/ Anti-Newton tray . . Glass tray for line art, along with accessories needed . .
    Also, the 'Compound Tray' with accessories for slides,film and Oil holders.
    I also did have other options for 'Dot Copy' of image setter films . . That you can regenerate an original/ useable image from the 4 colour seperations . .!!
    This you can then re-size . etc.etc. . . . (Some company kept their old films of company logos/artworks for future reference . . .)

    By the way there re only 11 actual resolutions . . 1200 and 2400dpi being 2 of them . . These are used for 'Line-Art' and 'Dot Copy' . .
    The other resolutions are 'Interpolated/De-Interpolated' depending on the magnification, etc.

    Hope this helps . . .
    TC542

  7. #857

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    Hi . . .
    Following on from my previous post . . .
    I have prepared a PDF document highlighting the 'Accessories' for the Cezanne scanner that I have . . .
    (May also help with the 'Oil Tray' issue . . . ;-)

    I may let some of these go . . If the price is right . .
    Regards, TC542

    Cezanne scanner.pdf

  8. #858
    Peter De Smidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Fond du Lac, WI, USA
    Posts
    5,531

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    Oil tray = clamshell holders?
    "Why can't we all just get along?" President Dale, Mars Attacks

  9. #859

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbounre, Australia
    Posts
    58

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    Quote Originally Posted by TC542 View Post
    Hi . . . I believe this is the clear glass tray that is used for 'Line-Art' scanning. (I will need to double check with my collection. . . .)
    I will post pictures of the 'Standard'/'frosted'/ Anti-Newton tray . . Glass tray for line art, along with accessories needed . .
    Also, the 'Compound Tray' with accessories for slides,film and Oil holders.
    I also did have other options for 'Dot Copy' of image setter films . . That you can regenerate an original/ useable image from the 4 colour seperations . .!!
    This you can then re-size . etc.etc. . . . (Some company kept their old films of company logos/artworks for future reference . . .)

    By the way there re only 11 actual resolutions . . 1200 and 2400dpi being 2 of them . . These are used for 'Line-Art' and 'Dot Copy' . .
    The other resolutions are 'Interpolated/De-Interpolated' depending on the magnification, etc.

    Hope this helps . . .
    TC542
    Thanks for posting pictures of the accessories - it is good to see them all in one place. Looks like the my glass tray is the line art tray. I think I might give wet scanning a go on that one and see what the results are like. Could you tell us a little more of about the 11 actual resolutions? I assume each of these 11 resolutions also has a maximum scan size before interpolation happens due to the CCD size?

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Cezanne FT s5000 scanner
    By hbjornson in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-Sep-2015, 05:41
  2. feedback: long time Maxwell Screen users?
    By Arne Norris in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-Jan-2008, 01:42
  3. Screen Cezanne Elite Questions
    By Tim Shawcross in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-Jul-2007, 06:27
  4. Initial Report: Maxwell Screen on Wista DX II
    By John Hollenberg in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-Sep-2003, 19:37

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •