Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Rodney Lough Jr.

jetcode

Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

Tough crowd, maybe his print audience are dogs and cats?

The verdict has been handed down.
    I'll get the rope ready, someone want to pick a tree?

While we're in slay mode Rodney I wanted to address Tom Magnelson. What a nice unpretentious man who has made some very nice images over the years. Do you know Tom?

Happy Valley Oregon (yes, it's a real place)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Black View Post
    I think his issue is that there appears to be fairly compelling evidence .... In most of the world, this sort of misrepresentative behavior is considered highly unethical and worthy of scorn.
    you would be correct except for one thing.....

the posts were not from our server, as Ted previously cleared up.

that's why the denial - because we didn't do it, that's why there won't be an apology.

so the 'evidence' is anything BUT compelling.

so please stop with the conjecture will you. can you?

Quote Originally Posted by rodney@theloughroad.com View Post
    you would be correct except for one thing.....

the posts were not from our server, as Ted previously cleared up.

that's why the denial - because we didn't do it, that's why there won't be an apology.

so the 'evidence' is anything BUT compelling.

so please stop with the conjecture will you. can you?
    The moderators didn't clear up a thing. Please note my words carefully:

Based on a private exchange of emails it appears that Rodney may have his internet sites setup in a way that permits anonymous users to 'appear' to come from there. He has told us he doesn't know the lady.

I used the word "may" and passed on your explanation. We have neither accepted or denied it but in the spirit of good will have welcomed you to the Forum and, at your request, I published a precise of our decision/finding. It's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    It's time to move on.
    I could not agree more.

Scott Brewer

Where's Lily?

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    Tough crowd, maybe his print audience are dogs and cats?
    While we're in slay mode Rodney I wanted to address Tom Magnelson. What a nice unpretentious man who has made some very nice images over the years. Do you know Tom?
    I have met Tom only a couple times. Once in his gallery in Jackson and again this past fall in Colorado while shooting. Just as an FYI - it's Mangelsen, not 'son'.

Now onto the statement made previously .....

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Goldman View Post
    I ran into Rodney one morning in Yosemite and a buddy and I shot the breeze with him for quite a while. He was a very nice guy, but did have a very high opinion of his own work. He said something to the effect that his work made Mangelson's work look like crap. Other than that, Rodney was a nice enough guy.
    Harley, I remember meeting you at the tunnel view that day.

What was said, and not heard, was that I think Tom has done a great job with his work, that I like his animal shots, but that I don't really care for his landscapes. That's just my personal opinion.

I can hardly wait to see how this gets twisted now. I'm here to answer questions. I did not expose myself here for the lashings that I'm receiving. So, if you have questions about photography, locations, business, etc. I'm more than willing to answer them.

However, if you do not wish to have me as part of your pool to draw against, I am just as happy to leave.

Just let me know.

jetcode

Rodney thanks for the spelling correction. I met Tom once as was impressed by his art and his warmth. In my early days I purchased 3 of Tom's pieces, 1 landscape. I have 2 Cramer's as well and want to sell them all to make room for my work.

Justin, if you're hanging in Galen's gallery I need to get down there sometime soon.

Doug, Galen was a top shelf photographer but decided early on to use 35mm exclusively.
    I've seen Rodney's work, IMO he is a fine landscape photographer all to his own.

Hopefully this venting will end and we can get on with the party!

"Lilly" has been banned. I suggest that regardless of legitimate suspicions that have arisen, forum participants take the high road and stop bringing up the "Lilly" incident, since this is not productive.

Hi Rodney!! Welcome to the forum and I really mean it. Good to have you on board. Your input and insights are most welcome and will be most valuable.

It was fun hanging out out in Yosemite with you and shooting the bull. I will stand by what I said, though. I may not have the words down exactly, but the gist of what you said was that your work was far better than his, not that you did not care for his landscapes (and for the record, I don't care for a few of his landscapes either). You were comparing your galleries to his in the conversation. I am fine with that, but I just got a kick out of what you said. Then again, I have a very strange sense of humor. BTW, it was not just what I heard, but also what my buddy heard. We talked about it later. Either way, no harm, no foul. It was just comments said when shooting the breeze.

Again, welcome aboard. Good to hear from you again!

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by QT Luong View Post
    "Lilly" has been banned.
    IMHO if someone is consistently malicious towards others they deserve to be banned as well. It's one thing to bring up issues it's another to continually insult.