Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 93

Thread: Rodney Lough Jr.

  1. #71
    Doug Dolde
    Guest

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Geez even Ted our exhalted moderator is contributing to the bullshit.

  2. #72
    jetcode
    Guest

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Rodney thanks for answering that question. A real inside look at a successful practice. Sounds like you are well taken care of in the production department. Thanks again.

  3. #73
    jetcode
    Guest

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
    LOL! Oh yeah, anonymous users with his same IP address that just happen to promote his workshops. And then he just magically appears on the same forum. Please. It's obvious that this guy or his wife spammed a bunch of internet photography forums with the same dumb gimmick. I mod on a very large board and this stuff is easy to spot. So I'll give Rodney the same advice I give to the other spammers--If you think you have something to offer--be straightforward about it and don't insult the members of the forum with sham posts. I'd have some respect for the guy if he was honest and said--you know, I made a dumb mistake and I apologize, but let's start over and here's what I have to offer the community.
    What IS your problem other then a lot of unecessary bitterness?

    Personally I don't know why Rodney doesn't make workshop announcements in this forum, every else does. And so what if someone asks about his workshops? Wow, big crime, an extra thread exists which may actually be useful to someone.

    Ok, your turn.

  4. #74

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bishop, California
    Posts
    27

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    What IS your problem other then a lot of unecessary bitterness?

    Personally I don't know why Rodney doesn't make workshop announcements in this forum, every else does. And so what if someone asks about his workshops? Wow, big crime, an extra thread exists which may actually be useful to someone.

    Ok, your turn.
    I think his issue is that there appears to be fairly compelling evidence that Mr. Lough and/or his wife (and business partner) created a stealth post under a false identity, designed to promote his workshop program. If this is in fact what happened, his "bitterness" is entirely warranted and Mr. Lough should apologize. In most of the world, this sort of misrepresentative behavior is considered highly unethical and worthy of scorn.
    My best to all,

    Justin Black

    www.justinblackphoto.com

  5. #75
    jetcode
    Guest

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Black View Post
    I think his issue is that there appears to be fairly compelling evidence that Mr. Lough and/or his wife (and business partner) created a stealth post under a false identity, designed to promote his workshop program. If this is in fact what happened, his "bitterness" is entirely warranted and Mr. Lough should apologize. In most of the world, this sort of misrepresentative behavior is considered highly unethical and worthy of scorn.
    Apologize? WHATEVER FOR? Further more what planet do you live on? I'd reconsider relocation. Where I come from all of this is SO trivial that it wracks my brain to wonder why you folks are getting all twisted up over this.

    Mind you I alias on Craigslist all the time and so do a whole lot of other people. I am still at a loss to understand how you have been harmed. Sorry, it must be the water around here.

    OK, your turn

  6. #76

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bishop, California
    Posts
    27

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    Apologize? WHATEVER FOR? Further more what planet do you live on? I'd reconsider relocation. Where I come from all of this is SO trivial that it wracks my brain to wonder why you folks are getting all twisted up over this.

    Mind you I alias on Craigslist all the time and so do a whole lot of other people. I am still at a loss to understand how you have been harmed. Sorry, it must be the water around here.

    OK, your turn
    Forums like this one are created so interested parties can have an honest, open dialog about topics that interest them, without being subjected to spam and advertising. Occasionally, someone tries to get around the standards of the community by creating a stealth post that promotes their business. If you would prefer that anyone who has something to sell to the membership of the forum can freely post their advertisements at will, then we'll have to take that up with the moderators. I would imagine that member participation would plummet.
    Last edited by Justin Black; 6-Mar-2008 at 21:29. Reason: typo
    My best to all,

    Justin Black

    www.justinblackphoto.com

  7. #77
    jetcode
    Guest

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Black View Post
    Forums like this one are created so interested parties can have an honest, open dialog about topics that interest them, without being subjected to spam and advertising. Occasionally, someone tries to get around the standards of the community by creating a stealth post that promotes their business. If you would prefer that anyone who has something to sell to the membership of the forum can freely post their advertisements at will, then we'll have to take that up with the moderators. I would imagine that member participation would plummet.
    Justin, I think we all want a little exposure. Not to add more work to the moderators work load but a forum topic for one time ads or a list that cannot be edited publicly would be beneficial to all. The previous attempt failed because it was not hard wired by the moderators. Joe

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bishop, California
    Posts
    27

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    Justin, I think we all want a little exposure.
    Sure, but that doesn't make dishonesty or disregard for standards and rules acceptable. The ends do not justify the means.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    Not to add more work to the moderators work load but a forum topic for one time ads or a list that cannot be edited publicly would be beneficial to all. The previous attempt failed because it was not hard wired by the moderators. Joe
    The question is, does the majority of the membership want such a feature? If they do, then fine.
    My best to all,

    Justin Black

    www.justinblackphoto.com

  9. #79
    jetcode
    Guest

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Black View Post
    Sure, but that doesn't make dishonesty or disregard for standards and rules acceptable. The ends do not justify the means.



    The question is, does the majority of the membership want such a feature? If they do, then fine.
    That brings up a real question. Is this a cooperative or a forum brought to us by Tuan? I most certainly am not making contributions to the server cost. Personally I like having a directory somewhere. Imagine the different portfolios and services at your fingertips.

  10. #80
    Kirk Gittings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Albuquerque, Nuevo Mexico
    Posts
    8,119

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    No the real question is simple marketing honesty and if true, what that kind of deceitful self promotion might reveal about other marketing claims. For instance, from Rodney's Photography as Art page on his website:

    "Second, the paper and processing quality must be the absolute best available. for color photographic art the Fuji Crystal Archive type CDR paper is currently the best for color photography from a longevity and color saturation standpoint (see www.wilhelm-research.com - an independent research company that determines the life expectancy for different photographic print materials - in fact Cibachrome, now called Ilfochrome classic deluxe, at one time (some 20 years ago) was considered the best material available, sadly it now ranks as one of the least archival materials available - oh how times change); while selenium toned photographs from a paper with a high silver content should be expected and demanded for all black and white photographic art.

    Finally, it should last! many museums and corporate collectors are now seriously investing in photographic art as an investment. why? the primary reason is the archival quality now available. in fact the process and paper that i employ has an archival quality estimated somewhere between 250-500 years (depending on how you care for it.) time frames like this outlast many "traditional" mediums. insist on archival quality and only the best photographic materials and museum standards."


    Say what? If I read this right, it is very confusingly worded to be sure, FCA is what he uses because it is the most archival light sensitive color material available according to Wilhelm, yet Wilhelm only talks about 60 years under glass (100 years in dark climate controlled storage) for Fuji Crystal Archive before significant fading occurs--not the 250-500 years Rodney seems to be claiming.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

    "Vocation to Solitude -- To deliver oneself up, to hand oneself over, entrust oneself completely to the silence of a wide landscape of woods and hills, or sea, or desert; to sit still while the sun comes up over the land and fills its silences with light." Thomas Merton

    KIRK GITTINGS
    WEBSITE

    LIGHT+SPACE+STRUCTURE (blog)

Similar Threads

  1. Rodney Lough JR on limited editions
    By QT Luong in forum Business
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 21-Dec-2012, 12:49

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •