Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Lough Jr.

Happy Valley Oregon (yes, it's a real place)

Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dolde View Post
    Very nice work Rodney. Don't listen to the naysayers, in fact they're part and parcel of this forum. You are obviously very talented at photography as well as self promotion.
    Thanks Doug,

There's a nice conversation going on over at the introductions area, in case you haven't seen it. lots of very nice comments over there.

Michael Alpert

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    For all those harboring suspicions, the moderation team has the same suspicions. We've been checking and, while the evidence is all circumstantial, it does appear that Mr. Lough and Ms. Nile are not strangers.
    Ted,

Given the other "Rodney Lough" thread, I think the game is clear enough. This is very sad behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Alpert View Post
    Ted,

Given the other "Rodney Lough" thread, I think the game is clear enough. This is very sad behavior.
    Ted,

Would you please respond to this, based on our off-line communications.

jetcode

Rodney,

Do you use digital tools in your image making process? Do you routinely shoot 8x10 or are there other formats you use? I don't want to burden you with too many questions but I'm interested in your craft.

Joe

Based on a private exchange of emails it appears that Rodney may have his internet sites setup in a way that permits anonymous users to 'appear' to come from there. He has told us he doesn't know the lady.

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    Rodney,

Do you use digital tools in your image making process? Do you routinely shoot 8x10 or are there other formats you use? I don't want to burden you with too many questions but I'm interested in your craft.

Joe
    I shoot 8x10 film, usually Astia 100f in the field, typically only 2 sheets per comp. Then process one sheet at a time, based on field notes, hoping to get 'close enough' on at least one of the sheets. As we all know, film is only an approximation to what we truly saw when we were standing there. Rarely, if ever, is it an exact rendition, it is a reference point, a place to begin.

For nearly 30 years I did everything in a traditional wet darkroom, from ciba to supergloss, including b&w. Loved it, but hated the color crossover issues associated with it. People would comment about how wonderful a image looked, all the while I'd be thinking "I hope they never get to see the transparency, because it's way nicer than this photograph."

About six years ago, when I felt that the digital darkroom (primarily output) surpassed traditional wet darkroom techniques and that a final photograph could be produced in such a fashion as to remove the color issues of a traditional dr, and that I was able to get back to what I saw when I was standing there, is when I transitioned over.

I have 2 Optronic Color Getter Eagle drum scanners. One we use, the other is for parts as needed, it is fully functional though - but we only use the one right now. After scanning the 8x10 original, typically to about a 1 gig file, I begin work on the image.

My goal has always been to get back to what I saw, how i get there I don't really care; other than to say I want it to look like what I saw and that it's as perfect and finished to museum standards and is as good as I can make it today (key word here "today", because technologies change, improve, etc.) I want to be able to look people in the eye and let them know that these things, these places, these moments really DO exist.

I only use the 8x10, and crop to two pano formats 10x24 & 6x10, and I personally prefer, in pano, the 6x10 format. I just like it, it feels more natural to me than the really wide pano's i see everyone doing these days. It's personal.

so, to paraphrase: 8x10 exclusively, cut/crop as needed to fit alternative formats, process and prep everything myself, print as much as we are able in-house, outsource the rest.

Hopefully this answered the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Based on a private exchange of emails it appears that Rodney may have his internet sites setup in a way that permits anonymous users to 'appear' to come from there. He has told us he doesn't know the lady.
    LOL! Oh yeah, anonymous users with his same IP address that just happen to promote his workshops. And then he just magically appears on the same forum. Please. It's obvious that this guy or his wife spammed a bunch of internet photography forums with the same dumb gimmick. I mod on a very large board and this stuff is easy to spot. So I'll give Rodney the same advice I give to the other spammers--If you think you have something to offer--be straightforward about it and don't insult the members of the forum with sham posts. I'd have some respect for the guy if he was honest and said--you know, I made a dumb mistake and I apologize, but let's start over and here's what I have to offer the community.

BarryS (if that's your real name) It was not from my IP address, like you suggest - nice try though, maybe you'd like to conjure up some more theories. No offense, but you're wrong, so maybe you could just learn to live with it and move.

Yep--real name. Ok Rodney, but suggest you use Lilly of Denial as you next pseudo.

sorry, nothing more to say to you.....