Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Lough Jr.

jetcode

Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

oh my god - collusion, imagine that

> yeah and it would be fun to participate in their workshops to see what I could learn
    > Like the latest street fighting techniques

According to the PP article, in Rodney Lough's workshops you will learn to liberate your creativity by opening up emotionally. A method which is used is to have you recant your worst life experience in front of strangers (the other participants). According to the writer, this results in immediate improvement of your images.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Luong View Post
    > yeah and it would be fun to participate in their workshops to see what I could learn
    > Like the latest street fighting techniques

According to the PP article, in Rodney Lough's workshops you will learn to liberate your creativity by opening up emotionally. A method which is used is to have you recant your worst life experience in front of strangers (the other participants). According to the writer, this results in immediate improvement of your images.
    I am not sure if you are taking it lightly, but having access to your deep seeded emotional "baggage", if you will, does have a dramatic impact in your creative process.
    However, talking in front of strangers of your worst trauma I am not sure it would be an advisable practice.

Quote Originally Posted by lostcoyote View Post
    i've always not understood what it means to say that a person's work is cliche. does that mean copying another person's style or a style in general?
    I think it can mean a number of things including what you've cited. For me it also means that the same or similar scene is photographed in the same or similar way as many, many other people have done. I'm sure it happens everywhere, but I am more aware of cliche work that's made of the iconic sites that dot the west and southwest. For example, once you get going on the photographer links some Colorado photographers have on their websites (I did by happenstance, not by intention to find fault with anything about Colorado), you find bushels of similar images of the same subjects. It gets very stale very quickly.
    ----------------------------------------------------

www.johnvossphotography.blogspot.com

Having seen some of the beautiful work that John Voss has been producing lately in his backyard, you can expect to see many photographers from Colorado gathering there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
    you can expect to see many photographers from Colorado gathering there.
    YIKES!!
    ----------------------------------------------------

www.johnvossphotography.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
    you can expect to see many photographers from Colorado gathering there.
    I suspect this will cause a new cliche to arise...

15 post over 2 days to 1 thread...yes it seems you guys nailed this one.

Sad, that someone would resort to this sort of method to drum up business - even sadder to know the thread will live on for people see the type of business tactics were used to drum up business.
    Mike Castles
    My Web Site
    Rambles

Happy Valley Oregon (yes, it's a real place)

I've been waiting to put my two cents in here, patiently.

Let me first categorically deny that i know the person in question on this tread.

And two: give all of you the opportunity to ask me directly, ANY questions you might have about me, my business, or my photography.

So feel free, fire away.

Rodney Lough Jr.
    http://www.TheLoughRoad.com

Doug Dolde

Very nice work Rodney. Don't listen to the naysayers, in fact they're part and parcel of this forum. You are obviously very talented at photography as well as self promotion.