Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Lough Jr.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rodney Lough Jr.

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, although I’ve been reading for some time (a bit sheepish I guess).

I just got my March issue of Pop Photo. There’s an article on Clyde Butcher and Rodney Lough Jr. on the “Viewfinder Within”. It’s awesome! You guys need to read it.

It talks about how they teach photography, I love the way Rodney Lough Jr. does his and the things his past students have to say, well it makes me want to go take one of his workshops.

Has anyone here taken one from him? Would love to hear about it!

Lilly
    You can email: lillyofthenile1@yahoo.com - here.

Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

I haven't been in his workshop, but I've visited Rodney Lough's gallery in Sausalito several times. Has some beautiful work - both 4x5 and 8x10.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly of the Nile View Post
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, although I’ve been reading for some time (a bit sheepish I guess).

I just got my March issue of Pop Photo. There’s an article on Clyde Butcher and Rodney Lough Jr. on the “Viewfinder Within”. It’s awesome! You guys need to read it.

It talks about how they teach photography, I love the way Rodney Lough Jr. does his and the things his past students have to say, well it makes me want to go take one of his workshops.

Has anyone here taken one from him? Would love to hear about it!

Lilly
    You can email: lillyofthenile1@yahoo.com - here.
    Your post looks like thinly disguised PR, but I might be too cynical?

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

Jon,

it might look that way, but it's not. I would really like to take one of his workshops, and am simply wondering if anyone has, or knows anyone that has.

the article is a good one. they talk about Clyde Butcher as well.

Lilly

Okay, great, but a check of google indicates you posted this 4 times on photo.net, and twice on twice on canon forums with the identical message in the last few hours, so it looked suspicious. Anyway, hope you enjoy the workshop if you go!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Okay, great, but a check of google indicates you posted this 4 times on photo.net, and twice on twice on canon forums with the identical message in the last few hours, so it looked suspicious.
    and joined LF today....

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    and joined LF today....
    yeah, but have been watching and reading for a very long time.

I've never really understood the quick to judge mentality here, to be honest - i don't understand where the cynicism comes from. why?

now that i'm vocal on the board, i'm happy to speak about it, i'm not silent anymore.

xoxox
    Lilly

yes, because, like i said, i'm trying to find out if anyone knows about this guys workshops.

now that we've gotten that out of the way.

do you have ANYTHING to contribute for me, or are you just on a witch hunt?

Yes, the best thing to do would be to give Mr. Lough Jr. a phone call and ask specific questions. You will get a good idea on his style by how he responds. Also, he can give you references from participants and you can email or talk to them. Good luck!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Yes, the best thing to do would be to give Mr. Lough Jr. a phone call and ask specific questions. You will get a good idea on his style by how he responds. Also, he can give you references from participants and you can email or talk to them. Good luck!

Jon
    If i can't come to a group like this to ask them their opinions - because heaven knows the type of answer i'm likely to get from the horses mouth by calling him directly - where else should i turn, eh?

and the article, not written by me btw, has students raving about the guy. i was just hoping to get some useful feed back here....nothing other than that.