Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: Rodney Lough Jr.

  1. #1

    Rodney Lough Jr.

    Hello Everyone,

    This is my first post, although I’ve been reading for some time (a bit sheepish I guess).

    I just got my March issue of Pop Photo. There’s an article on Clyde Butcher and Rodney Lough Jr. on the “Viewfinder Within”. It’s awesome! You guys need to read it.

    It talks about how they teach photography, I love the way Rodney Lough Jr. does his and the things his past students have to say, well it makes me want to go take one of his workshops.

    Has anyone here taken one from him? Would love to hear about it!

    Lilly
    You can email: lillyofthenile1@yahoo.com - here.

  2. #2
    Louie Powell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Posts
    798

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    I haven't been in his workshop, but I've visited Rodney Lough's gallery in Sausalito several times. Has some beautiful work - both 4x5 and 8x10.

  3. #3
    Jon Shiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Elk, California
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly of the Nile View Post
    Hello Everyone,

    This is my first post, although I’ve been reading for some time (a bit sheepish I guess).

    I just got my March issue of Pop Photo. There’s an article on Clyde Butcher and Rodney Lough Jr. on the “Viewfinder Within”. It’s awesome! You guys need to read it.

    It talks about how they teach photography, I love the way Rodney Lough Jr. does his and the things his past students have to say, well it makes me want to go take one of his workshops.

    Has anyone here taken one from him? Would love to hear about it!

    Lilly
    You can email: lillyofthenile1@yahoo.com - here.
    Your post looks like thinly disguised PR, but I might be too cynical?

    Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: www.jonshiu.com

  4. #4

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Jon,

    it might look that way, but it's not. I would really like to take one of his workshops, and am simply wondering if anyone has, or knows anyone that has.

    the article is a good one. they talk about Clyde Butcher as well.

    Lilly

  5. #5
    Jon Shiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Elk, California
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Okay, great, but a check of google indicates you posted this 4 times on photo.net, and twice on twice on canon forums with the identical message in the last few hours, so it looked suspicious. Anyway, hope you enjoy the workshop if you go!

    Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: www.jonshiu.com

  6. #6

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    yes, because, like i said, i'm trying to find out if anyone knows about this guys workshops.

    now that we've gotten that out of the way.

    do you have ANYTHING to contribute for me, or are you just on a witch hunt?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Okay, great, but a check of google indicates you posted this 4 times on photo.net, and twice on twice on canon forums with the identical message in the last few hours, so it looked suspicious.
    and joined LF today....

  8. #8
    Jon Shiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Elk, California
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Yes, the best thing to do would be to give Mr. Lough Jr. a phone call and ask specific questions. You will get a good idea on his style by how he responds. Also, he can give you references from participants and you can email or talk to them. Good luck!

    Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: www.jonshiu.com

  9. #9

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    and joined LF today....
    yeah, but have been watching and reading for a very long time.

    I've never really understood the quick to judge mentality here, to be honest - i don't understand where the cynicism comes from. why?

    now that i'm vocal on the board, i'm happy to speak about it, i'm not silent anymore.

    xoxox
    Lilly

  10. #10

    Re: Rodney Lough Jr.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Yes, the best thing to do would be to give Mr. Lough Jr. a phone call and ask specific questions. You will get a good idea on his style by how he responds. Also, he can give you references from participants and you can email or talk to them. Good luck!

    Jon
    If i can't come to a group like this to ask them their opinions - because heaven knows the type of answer i'm likely to get from the horses mouth by calling him directly - where else should i turn, eh?

    and the article, not written by me btw, has students raving about the guy. i was just hoping to get some useful feed back here....nothing other than that.

Similar Threads

  1. Rodney Lough JR on limited editions
    By QT Luong in forum Business
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 21-Dec-2012, 13:49

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •